dually death bringer :)

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
little progress

been busy moving into our new house but have managed to get a little done
still needs some ironing out but im liking it a lot.
166259_485129607041_531222041_5699605_7537864_n.jpg
63398_485129987041_531222041_5699607_7065897_n.jpg

Man I those 5 windows. I would love to chop my 3 window like that. I bet that curved glass will cost ya a couple of bucks!

probably would if i was going to use glass other than a windshield : /
i dunno - may find some cheap thin lexan to put in the little side windows
but i was leaning more toward rebar or chicken wire :)

Now there is a mailslot back window! I prefer 3 windows myself so i would have filled the quarters, especially
if they won't be functional anyway. I'm ready to see this thing up on wheels. :)

not a bad idea - and still an option - but i chose the 5 window bc it had 5 windows lol
so for now they will stay [P
im ready to see the thing on wheels also - i promise lol

framedcab.jpg

framed.jpg

motoacc.jpg

bout 1/2 done with the frame i guess.
front tires are kicked out like that bc on 2 lugs bolts are even close to tightened...
before anyone asks lol

You shouldn't bend those beams, Ford quit doing that by the time that truck was made. Those are one tough front end but just not the thing for lowering.
BTW, that's a F350 one ton I do believe. Seems like just way too much frame and suspension for a rod, especially if you have plans to lower it.
Also the tires are kicked out like the because that's what twin I beams do when they are unloaded. If you lower it more than a couple inches from standard ride height, they will be kicked out the other way.

You shouldn't bend those beams, Ford quit doing that by the time that truck was made. Those are one tough front end but just not the thing for lowering.
BTW, that's a F350 one ton I do believe. Seems like just way too much frame and suspension for a rod, especially if you have plans to lower it.
Also the tires are kicked out like the because that's what twin I beams do when they are unloaded. If you lower it more than a couple inches from standard ride height, they will be kicked out the other way.

i havent lowered the front at all
it may be "too much frame" for a rod - but better than not enough.
if, in the end, i dont like it - then i still have an engine cab, and rearend etc
no big deal -- but thanks - and its noted.

i havent lowered the front at all
it may be "too much frame" for a rod - but better than not enough.
if, in the end, i dont like it - then i still have an engine cab, and rearend etc
no big deal -- but thanks - and its noted.

I thought you were talking about lowering. The only way to lower a twin I beam much is with lowered I beams. I have never ran them but I doubt they even make them for an F350 and all the other guys on other forums who did have them had problems with steering arms and such. You have chose what is quite possibly the least user friendly front end to lower.
Looks like you are right on track with the chop. Those corner windows shouldn't be too hard, maybe cut down originals or us plexiglass like you mentioned. I think red plexiglass windows would look awesome.

no, - no plan on lowering the front end -
thinking that right behind that front cab mount where be where the rest of the frame shortening takes place -- but ill have to wait till i get the cab up there to know for sure ... thats going to be the tricky part so ive diverted my attention
to getting the cab ready... started getting the new floor bracing ready, patch panels cut etc- and completing welds on the chop - gonna be channeled a good bit - around 4 inches depending on head room .. the e brake pedal and release still work - pretty excited about that haha dunno if ill be using it - but i still thought it was neat -

got distracted yesterday from my work when my buddy showed up with a cannon wanting to fire it [ddd ill see if i can get the video online and post a link lol

Looking good. That cab just looks sinister. Now if you just had one of those big GMC V12s to slide in there.[ddev[ddev

we (my buddy thats helping) looked at the frame, which is going to be shortened, and he said - you know - theres probably enough room for another v8 in there lol

friend of mine built a t bucket years ago with the motor out of an old combine..it was basically two 350 chebbies end to end in one giant block with 4 sbc heads..he had 4 chrome valve covers on'em..it was kinda goofy in a t bucket, but would be too cool in your truck..

Love the build

Latest posts

Back