Endless BS thread

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The most unfair, and hardest thing to deal with about life is death.

care to elaborate on yer thought there mr. bonehead?
i am supposed to have answers for thoughts like that - but i too find that death is a difficult subject matter for all people "religious" or not
the older i get the more people i know that are now on the "other side".....

care to elaborate on yer thought there mr. bonehead?
i am supposed to have answers for thoughts like that - but i too find that death is a difficult subject matter for all people "religious" or not
the older i get the more people i know that are now on the "other side".....

I appreciate the response. But it is not people. It is pets, a dog in particular. He was old and had cancer. 14 years in our family. But the unfair part is he was my 15 year old son's best friend. Their relationship was very close. Had to put him down today. The last week around here has been hard to say the least.

I kinda feel the worst part about death is life. Meaning life is the trip and death is the destination.

It's not about the destination - But all the side trips it took to get there - Good or Bad -I'd like to roll in to the final place sliding sideways and say what a trip.

Sorry for the loss,and yes, BH, the lost of a pet is really hard to deal with - Whether it be a cat or dog or any pet - they become part of the family and it really is hard when you've had them for that long.

Oh man Bonehead, I really feel for you. I had to have the second of my two cats put to sleep a month or so ago. She was 17 and Scooter was also 17 when I had to make the same decision. I cried like a baby over both of them and still tear up when I think about them not being here any more.

People who are not animal lovers probably think we are nuts, but these pets become one of the family and give us so much pleasure and loyalty. I think we have to take some comfort in the fact we gave them a good loving home for so many years. I felt like such a coward because I should have been strong enough to stay with Sniffy and Scooter to the end, but I just couldn't do it.

I really wish you well Bonehead. Please know that we are hurting right along with you and sharing your pain. Maybe after an appropriate time has passed it would be a good idea to save another life from the local pound and give that animal the same chance this dog got from you.

Here is a picture of Scooter and Sniffy in happier times.

Don

sniffyandscooterinchairs-1.jpg

I went through the same thing last year one of the hardest things I've ever had to do I feel for you man. BTW He's still my screansaver and probably always will be.

Sorry about your family's loss Bonehead. They do become one of the family and their passing hurts every bit as much as a human family member. Just remember he was very fortunate to have had a loving family and home. When the time comes you can do the same for another furry friend.

Thanks for the kind words guys.....
Lets get back to the BS...

Cash for Clunkers is out of money after 22,000 people cashed in. Looks like the program will be put on hold.
(there, we have covered death, and taxes)

I believe life is a recorded total immersion education program.Virtual reality.
We are more than these bodies. Supporting this belief are events i have acknowledged before they happened and have recalled snippets of past lives that provided insight for dealing with the struggles of this one. I will say sorry now because i know reading this will make some uncomfortable.

well I'm happy to say I did not last long on the chow line they closed down our yard the 15th of july but i'm back to work now although my wallet will be on a diet for awhile :D

Our almost 12 year old standard poodle Willie isn't going to be with us much longer. He doesn't understand why I hug him so much. Or maybe he does...

Chipper, glad you found work fast. Hard to build rods without a few bucks.

Now, back to welding.

Our almost 12 year old standard poodle Willie isn't going to be with us much longer. He doesn't understand why I hug him so much. Or maybe he does...

Chipper, glad you found work fast. Hard to build rods without a few bucks.

Now, back to welding.

I think they know. I remember my first dog Sam. I used to hug him every morning before school just to say good bye. I remember the look he gave me the last time I saw him. It was somethign I had never seen before. i was young and didnt put much thought into it. When school got out that day my grandma picked me up which was weird. Well after a while my ma came to bring me home. I got there and went to open the basement door to let him come upstairs. Thats when my mom told me. Ill never forget that look. Worst day of my life.

Latest posts

Back