Friday Night in North St. Paul

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NSP011.jpg

Last Friday was the debut for my neighbor's, Nancy & Michael's '40 Coupe.
I did a fair amount of chassis work on this car. Also offered guideance and some labor throughout the build as this is the first rod they have owned. It turned out very nice.

I like 38 -40 Fords, both standard and deluxe. That looks like a fine example. And I'm happy to see that your literary integrity remains intact Bob W :)..............now if we could only get that monthly toon back [S

Last edited:
JRs005.jpg

I skipped the North St. Paul cruise tonight and instead went down the road 5 miles to J.R.'s Transmission Shop where he had an open house. Next to the shop is his restored gas station. Pictured is his injected big block Chevy powered Pinto funny car.

JRs009.jpg

Also present was Lohn Loukas' nitro fuel comp coupe. It is a cackle car now; not legal for racing. The power comes from a blown & injected 392 Hemi. This car was one of the fastest and quickest of its kind. Both cars were fired up (one at a time)and the sound and smell was absolutely delicious!

JRs011.jpg
A Ford in a Ford, by golly! Blown big block in this case. See the strange little English car in the background.
There was about 15 hot rods there. Good food and plenty of beer (but not for me). I think it was the beer that bribed the neighbors into letting the boys fire up the cars.:D

Livingdeadguy, I saw you cruise by a couple times last Friday. Your car sure looks good going down the road.

7-16NoStPaul001.jpg

It was hot & humid tonight and the Car Craft Nationals is at the fairgrounds so North St. Paul was not quite as crowded. My 19 year old grandson, Zach, showed up with his '38 GMC that we built over the last 3 years.

Last edited:
7-16NoStPaul007.jpg

Putt carries all the essentials for safety and driver comfort right there on the passenger side. Actually, it's a tool box.

7-16NoStPaul003.jpg

Putt's brother John debuted his '34 Dodge pickup tonight. It has a later 230 flathead six and a Dakota 5 speed.

saw you guys parked there yesterday, it wasnt too packed yesterday i was surprised, i even went down to snelling later to watch the cars leave car craft and there was like nobody! it was weird! Porkeys of course was packed but that was about it

Latest posts

Back