FWIW

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Must have been a defective Scripto. I leave several of them in the semi truck at all times, it gets over 100 degrees in there with the windows up. Never had one fail yet. I prefer the cheapies like the Scripto because I can see how full they are. Bics, you never know until they quit.

I've had that happen with a Scripto too. Mine was inside the glove box on my F350. It's parked in the sun and it was probably more our heat than anything. I didn't see indications of it igniting but little bitty pieces everywhere.

we have these cheap cricket looking (crack lighters as we call them) lighters around here that cost 1.00 and some places give you one if you buy two packs of cigs or more. they will explode real quick, and it doesn't have to be that hot. when i was in the navy we couldn't have no lighters like that at all. i worked in the engine room and they showed a movie of what a bic lighter laid on a hot steam pipe could do. if i remember right they said equal to a 1/4 stick of dynamite.

A Bic lighter can lay on the dash of the truck. A scripto will explode when it gets to 85 outside. Glad I wasn't in there when it blew.

LOL.. This happen to my dad and a friend going down the Hwy, it blew up inside the dash, They said if another one would have blew up, They was jumping out...LOL

Latest posts

Back