Gun nuts

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowbilly3

A *real* tin magnet
Anyone else here into old Mausers? I've got a couple, just finishing up a 6.5 Swede, got a new trigger for it yesterday. I scored a Choate plastic stock for $15, installed a new 3.5x10 Vortec scope. Can't wait to sight it in. I've got a 7mm Muaser set up about the same, different scope. And another real nice 7 I'm going to snazz up next. It has been gunsmithed and is smooth as butter, needs a different stock and a scope. I'm also thinking I might try to find a 257 Roberts barrel for it.

Mausers? nope. I like real guns......hahaha...just kidding. I only have a few left after selling some, needed heating fuel money. $3.84 gallon phew! Anyways wht I have left is a Custom Para Ordnance P10-45 Limited, a Ruger SP101 2 1/4" SS Magna Ported, trigger job, hammer bobbed,Ruger P512 22/45 bull barrel 22 cal,Bushmaster XM15-E2S,a Remmington Viper 22,and a Winchester model #97 with hammer/ take down model. Going to pick up a new Kahr CM9 this week if something else doesn't come up!

I have a few Mausers.
Sweden Model 96 Rifle 1899 6.5 X 55mm
Turkey Model 1938 Rifle 1940 7.92 X 57mm (8mm)
Germany Model K98 Carbine 1943 7.92 X 57mm
Yugoslavia M48 K98 Carbine 1948 7.92 X 57mm
Yugoslavia Model VZ 24 Carbine 1940 7.92 X 57mm
Spain Model FR-8 Carbine 1954 7.62 X 51mm NATO

Don't much mess with guns like a lot of y'all. Tho, I have been known to mess with one of these little pop guns,,,,,,,,,
m24225mmgun.jpg

recently (2 weeks) ...."confiscated" a Swedish Mauser from a local Afghan.. He had no bullets for it.. wish he did.. wouldve been fun to shoot at the range... Its sad the guns we take here all get destroyed....however.. internal peices can be preserved if needed.

OK..all this german stuff has caused me to

I have a German Mauser, 7.92 X 57mm love it!

Remember a joke...
a female Reporter is interviewing a WWI english Ace fighter pilot on the radio....she askes him about his most dangerous encounter with the german airforce..
"well there was one time that I was un-nerved during an air battle".."there I was with one German Fokker above me, one german Fokker below me, a german Fokker to my left and and German Fokker to my right"...the reporter interupes the englishman to explain to the radio audiance that a German Fokker is a type of fighter plane....the old english pilot shouts out.."No no no..those Fokkers were flying Messerschmitts"...

I have a 1909 Republic of Peru Mauser. It takes the same 7.65mm ammo as the Argentine Mauser. It was bought at an Army surplus back in early 60's for 10 bucks. All numbers match except the bolt. Seems my Dad didn't like the way the original felt so he swapped it out with another. It's still dead on at two hundred yards, with the sights in the down position. Kind of heavy for deer hunting but, at least it's got some range and knock down power.

Latest posts

Back