Hello from southern New York

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BatCave

Howdy, all you guys and dolls! I'm currently finishing up my 1955.5 Chevy resto-rod shop truck type of thing. Next up is a 46 Ford 'bobber' truck. Got a nice cab that I'm planning to chop the heck out of, a Chevy 250 cid inline 6, auto trans, traditional beam front suspension, 32 grille, and a bunch of 2x3 tubing to fab up a frame. Can't wait to get started! Anywho, I hope to fit in here. LOL.

Thanks guys, glad I found this forum. [cl That 'other one' I'm a member of frowns upon rat rods. Why? I have no clue. Oh well.

First order of business for me will be the chassis, z'd front and rear, natch. I"ll sift through this forum to find some similar build threads. Rear suspension will be a parallel radius arm/watts link setup, with coil springs. The front will be a traditional spring-over a 4" dropped beam, with a disk brake kit. I purchased a bunch of stuff from the Welder Series folks. Cant wait to get started. But first the 55 needs to get finished. So many projects, so little time! LoL.

Here's a shot of the 55. I got the doors on it a coupla weeks ago, I'm just finishing up custom custom touches to the bed now.

IMG_3760.jpg

IMG_3758.jpg

A few more details; it has a mild SBC and original 3-speed manual converted to a floor shift. The front suspension is a TCI MII kit, dropped spindles, etc. Rear axle is an S10, disk brakes all around. Seats are out of a Scion. I installed a 4-point cage in it after realizing what a tin can these old heaps are! I pancaked the hood about 3 inches to get rid of the hammerhead shark look. Installed bear claw latches to keep the doors from flying open. No bags, keepin it simple. Gotta install the Rebel Wire kit, then fire it up after a 3-year nap! Anyway, I hope to have this truck done within 2 months or so. LOL, I said that last year too.

That's a beautiful part of this great country. Do you find many project vehicles available up there?

Yes there are a few but either really rusted out or too pricey. Know of a few if you are looking for something. I have pics so PM me and I'll send them to you.

Latest posts

Back