help findind Waxoyl or ankor wax

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bondo bandedo

Ive been looking for a way to keep the rusty finish on my new project but to also stop it from going any further.I found that there is a couple products out there that sound perfect but i cannot find anyplace to purchase any here in the U.S. They are Ankor wax and Waxoyl but neither seems to ship here to the U.S only the U.K and Ireland .Anyone know how to get it here or another product that will work to stop the rust but keep the rust color that will work dont really want to cover the truck with wd40 and converters turn the rust black.Thanks!!!:confused::confused:

peeps are saying linseed oil works. I haven't tried it yet but I'm gonna

as a rust finish I have used linseed oil as it darkens and shines it up a little. It is good on art work as for a rat I dont think it will stop the rustr just change the color and sheen.I have wiped it on with a scotchbright pad

I have yet to see any sort of coating that that has a natural look.

Clear coated rust and old paint looks like hell ....in my opinion. I have seen it and did not care for the look.

I would think oil would make it wet looking. It would probably look strange on a nice sunny day.

Running 80 mph down the interstate seems to be harder on my truck than losing metal to rust. I need to reinforce some of the panels to handle the wind.

I haven't tried it but guys who paint say if you ever decide to paint the vehicle, the linseed oil would be a nightmare....soaks into the metal?

Thanks cycledog i gave them a call and now i have some on the way i will let you guys know how it works.:D

Latest posts

Back