hey from the great white north

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sand_man_red

it's been 30 yrs since i built anything (built a three wheeler from a VW bug and a bike front end) but went to 'Back to the Fifties' at the MN state fair grounds this weekend and got the bug.

think i can turn this (picture one)

into this or something like it? (picture two)

thinking of starting with an early 90s F250 2WD full bed pickup for engine, frame and drivetrain. i think i will make a box or flatbed so all i think i really need is a cab. is that crazy?

Attachments

• IMG_0420small.jpg
    IMG_0420small.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0425[1].JPG
    IMG_0425[1].JPG
    16 KB · Views: 12
Welcome to RRR! If you can weld and fabricate, it can be done. I was (and still am) thinking of making a speedster out of my 87 F150. The Twin I-beam front end is kinda hard to deal with - it's bulky and ugly.

Crazy? You came to the right place. [ddd

The 250's front suspension is pretty big and clumsy for a fenderless rod... have a good look... you may want to reconsider.

Oh, and welcome to RRR. What do you consider north? [S

Hi sand_man_red, and welcome to the RRR from northern Alberta. Like Dr. Crank asks, could you narrow down the great white north a wee bit.
Wow, on your dream. I have a smashed up '90 Ford pick-up and look what I ended up with. You can do it too.

Attachments

• '36leftrear no fenders.jpg
    '36leftrear no fenders.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 9
Hi sand_man_red, Just yankin' your chain. [ddd I did end up with a satin black '36 but I never went near my '90 throughout the build.
Great dream, I like seeing those kinds of trucks, Wow, that's a lot of work.
Good luck.

A bug and a bike front end....We did the same thing in the late '60's with a split-window bug and a Harley inline four bike! Little did we know......

Thanks!

Based on your advice and some from a good friend we did not buy the F250. Still have a dream of building something soon.

Latest posts

Back