Indiana Eagle

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Z.Z.Rat

While we were farming yesterday I was headed out with the truck & noticed what I thought was a Red Tail hawk on steroides sp but it was an Eagle. It flew beside me up the road a bit & landed in a tall tree. Called my bride & she came right over with the binocs & we were treated to our first ever sighting of an American Eagle.

Pretty cool!

they are fine birds. we have some golden eagles here in bama. my people live in south texas and they have what we call a mexican eagle, smaller in size like a hawk and are black with a white head.

They are actually getting pretty common in Indiana. There's a couple of them that nest near the Gas City park where the ducktail run is held.

If I'm not mistaken they come back to the same area to nest every year. Maybe someone else knows better?

The Bald Eagles have come back with a vengeance around here. I live near Mississippi River. I've even seen them at work, 15 miles from the river. Not sure if the Golden Eagles are here too, they're not as easy to identify.

Latest posts

Back