Jesse James coming back ???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's just further proof that the average viewing public crave drama and drama only.
Any good show with real content doesn't make it past a couple of seasons unfortunately.

Looks like they have come up with a new "Biker Buildoff Challenge". It is going to have JJ, Paul Sr, Paul Jr., and the clowns from Gas Monkey Garage. :rolleyes:

Oh, there is a show I can't wait to see. :rolleyes: Only people they missed were Chumlee and the crew from Pawn Stars.:p

Don

Did any one see the show where JJ did a car for Paul Sr. Talk about staged BS TV (but I guess for what they get paid I would act like a DB to to draw a paycheck), I only saw the last 5 minutes just to see the car done, I don't think I could sit and watch the whole show.

Hated the color, but here is the car they build for Paul Sr.
IMG_5827.jpg

reality crap.

Last time I saw Jesse on tv he built a bike but couldn't get it to start because hes not mechanically inclined. The idiots from fast and loud are just that and Jr. and Sr could neither one dissasemble an engine and rebuild it. To bad Austin Speed Shop let Jesse in the door.Reality tv producers forget that reality starts with the word real. The biggest idiot of all the reality tv shows is the old car expert the pickers use,what a goof and now hes getting his own show. :cool:

Aaaaaaaah, so Paul Sr was the "Mystery customer" who was walking in the door in that one episode, but faded out so you couldn't recognize him ? I never did see the follow up show to know who that customer was. Makes sense now.

Nice little coupe though.

Don

Last time I saw Jesse on tv he built a bike but couldn't get it to start because hes not mechanically inclined. The idiots from fast and loud are just that and Jr. and Sr could neither one dissasemble an engine and rebuild it. To bad Austin Speed Shop let Jesse in the door.Reality tv producers forget that reality starts with the word real. The biggest idiot of all the reality tv shows is the old car expert the pickers use,what a goof and now hes getting his own show. :cool:

Jesse may be an ass on the show, and even in real life, but I'd put his skills up against any one of the other show's "talents" and see who can really do all the fabrication work...

Just like any other shop, you have people who are talented in certain areas, and not in others. Jesse is a fabricator, bottom line he can work metal.

I won't defend his poor decisions off air, or even being an a-hole on air, but he can get the job done, and done right.

Jesse seams to speak his mind and others can't handle it. Reminds me of myself in that aspect. Now if his skills reminded me of myself I would have it made lol

There's a difference between speaking your mind and being a dick. Unfortunately Jesse doesn't know it. Maybe someday he will mature enough to realize the difference.

I guess if you think you are better than everyone....

Whether he's a dick in real or purely for TV it's paying him well.
I get called a dick at least once a day and get next to nothing.:)

Then you can get your own show??... JJ does have a ton of talent....too bad he couldn't be a bit more humble or reserved..but TV makes stars and they all have fallen victim to the hype and fame..... as was said, Real TV this ain't....

Did anyone else watch the bike buildoff on TV tonight between Sr, Jr, JJ, and Gas Monkey ? There was alot of the usualy dumb drama, but in between there was some fabricating to watch. As much as I hate Gas Monkey, to me their bike was the cleanest and closest to what a real bike should look like.

The bike from Sr was certainly intricate and had a lot of delicate machining done on expensive machines, but it just looked to industrial somehow. The one from Jr was supposed to represent a hot rod, but it looked really fat and bloated. As far as Jesse's bike, from what I could see (it wasn't done in time) it looked more like a dirt bike than a street bike.

The final winner will probably come down to a popularity contest. Jr is the nicest of the bunch and really doesn't dis any of the others, so I like that about him, and would probably vote for him only because those two dudes from GMG are too hard to take for very long. I would have a hard time voting for anything they built.

Don

I used to like JJ, but this biker build off has turned him into a whiner. The reason he didn't get his finished is because he was too busy bad mouthing everyone, and telling us all how great he is. Sorry JJ, but you need to get a grip.

Then you can get your own show??... JJ does have a ton of talent....too bad he couldn't be a bit more humble or reserved..but TV makes stars and they all have fallen victim to the hype and fame..... as was said, Real TV this ain't....

Fame and money has a way of putting you above the rest. I was drywalling a house here in GJ about 20 years ago and Ricky Schroder came walking in (yep out of all the places he picked GJ to live). Not really the friendly sort the first couple days. It was hunting season and all of us where talking about our hunting plans during lunch on day 3, next thing you know he was over with us talking about hunting like we were all buddies (he is a big hunter). After that for the rest of the week and a half, he would come in and say hi to everyone and talk about hunting.

Gawd, I HATE reality shows. I refuse to watch them

thats my big problem with tv
the 2 best channels to actually learn something have crapped the bed
national geographic and TLC have turned into shows about subnormals screaming at each other.
or prima donnas i wouldnt pee on if they were on fire screaming at each other.

Billy man, he's ell y'all quent man im sayin he hits it right in the head every time [cl

I agree with you don, the Sr bike had some really terrible forks and front end, the rest of it looked pretty cool, but yes very industrial....

Jr bike looked way too long to me proportionally, but a cool concept.

GMG was a true bike, and build the way customs were done, but I think its lacking the punch that would net them votes.

The JJ thing, I think most of the BS drama they ASK for from the producers, and I think he needed more than 6 weeks because he was mainly building the bike by himself, it was only toward the end that he brought in more help, so thats on him for not planning better. His bike is more like a MotoGP style with a little bit of cafe racer look in some areas, I'm pretty impressed with his trans case and how the swing arm incorporates to the bike.

The tough part is its a popularity contest, and people that don't actually ride or have a bike are voting on it. I think original cool factor goes to GMG, and originality I'd have to say JJ, as Paul Jr has done a ton of extended tribute bikes. The Sr bike is just over engineered and it took the life like feel out of the bike to me....

he was too busy bad mouthing everyone, and telling us all how great he is. Sorry JJ, but you need to get a grip.

I can't even watch JJ on TV because of this. It's tiresome. Fake or not, the constant deluge of JJ telling us how cool he is and how much he hates TV builders....yet there he is in the middle of every one. I haven't watched any of it (except for the commercials) but in general, I think Jr. has a good eye for design and flow even if I'm not a fan of those huge rear tires on bikes.

The only thing I liked about JJ was the other people he hung around with.

ChopperDave is an A-1 awesome dude with fantastic bikes under his belt.

A friend of mine who goes by the name Bacon who travelled 15,000 miles on his knucklehead went down to Austin to work for him. Bacon is good people.

Don't know JJ personally, but the other two guys are a-ok in my books. No drama, just bikes.

I watched the finale' tonight on TV and Jr won and GMG came in second. JJ didn't look real happy, nor did Paul Sr. Like I said earlier, I think Jr keeps winning just because he isn't a whiner or someone who has to run down the other guys to make himself look good.

I was starting to gain some respect for JJ after watching those videos we got at WalMart, he seemed to be realizing that his attitude wasn't working for him any more. But his smarta$$ attitude during this build off put a wet blanket on anything good I started to see coming from him. He is just a pompous a$$. :mad:

Don

Latest posts

Back