Junk or unrestored

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

52 fordman

Well the cops have put a big red sticker on every car or truck on my street that is not being driven, out of date tag, unrestored or in parts!
Well it it seems to me that the city of Concord North Carolina police have nothing better to do with there time. There is close to 100 houses on my street and about half had some kind of notice on a car or on the front door for someting weather it be leaves or landscaping to something like i have. Well there are worse them me on the street. I at least keep mine in one place with all the parts next to it. Hell they even tagged our 2000 BMW because they said it was not being driven 120,000 miles and being driven???
They say that is unlawful to have a vehicle in your yard or they will store it until it can be sold at auction, and charge you for it.

So if you live in Concord or close by please let the cops know that they are needed in other places beside in the doughnut shop.

BAD PIGGY NO DOUGHNUT FOR YOU!

52 fordman :mad::mad:

RUST NEVER SLEEPS

making noise

The cops don't just decide to do this stuff. Somebody complained or decided they, (the city), needed revenue. The cops will catch the flack for it, but it will do no good to complain to them.

They were on that friggen high horse around here about 4 months ago.

Keep a good tag on it and move it around in the yard everyother day or soo.

you know these are lean times and citys across the nation are using the fines from these code violations to suppliment their city funds.so dont be looking for any relief any time soon.

I spent the summer of '70 in St.Louis. At that time in the south side there were streets with 2 to 3 burned out hulks per block left where they were parked for months or years. (serious) They would sit undriven, eventually the tires would go flat, eventually kids would break the windows, eventually someone would throw a cigarette in and it would burn. My nice Pontiac sat on the street overnight without a plate and the next morning it had a sticker on it.

you know these are lean times and citys across the nation are using the fines from these code violations to suppliment their city funds.so dont be looking for any relief any time soon.

Boy isn't that the truth! They're pullin' alot of that here in H-town! It's really really stupid!!! :mad:

BoB

I lived in Cape Coral Florida for most of my time here in Florida and the Code Enforcement people there are like Nazis. Just last night I was watching a show on terrible jobs and the Cape Coral Code Enforcement people were on there.

Problem with it is the Cape has a law against everything. They dictate exactly how high your lawn can be, how many garbage cans you have on the side of the house, where you can park your boat and trailer, etc, etc. If you have a neighbor who has nothing better to do than turn you in for stuff your life will be hell.

When I moved there in 85 they even had an anti truck ordinance. You could not park a truck in front of your home. It didn't matter if it was a $ 40,000 brand new pickup, it was illegal. But if you lived in a duplex it was ok! :confused::confused: They finally repealed that law after tons of people staged protests.

I have mixed feelings about these sorts of things. I don't want to live next to a guy who has trash or 4 junk cars in front of his house, but I also think they go overboard sometimes. And yes, as money gets tight those fines really help out the city budgets.

Don

I live in a part of America that is still free (these areas are getting smaller). I've got junk parked all over the place, the only time the police come by is when they want to know if something is for sale.

What happened to the US being a free country??

After reading about what some of you are putting up with I'm glad I live where I live.... I just can't believe that the people of this country would roll over and take it like that.. when are these people going to learn that if you don't fight back, you'll just keep losing your freedoms...

They finally repealed that law after tons of people staged protests.

This is the answer to the problem!! Organize your neighbors and go to your "elected" offical and tell him this harassment must stop or he will not be reelected. Good luck!

Those laws werent passed...

ANY and ALL laws in YOUR area were passed by someone.City Council or whatever you have in your area.Laws are passed and if you DONT become involved in your local Government,then there is no one to blame but yourself.You need to attend meetings and voice your opinion,see whats being voted on and so forth.Our local cable company started showing these meetings and when people FINALLY saw what we being voted on,they ALL became involved FAST.Sitting by and complaining falls on deaf ears.They passed a bill in a city by me about having pitbulls.EVERYONE complained but when they asked them "Did you go to the meeting about enacting that law..?" They just stood there dumbfounded....GET INVOLVED..!!!

They passed a bill in a city by me about having pitbulls.EVERYONE complained but when they asked them "Did you go to the meeting about enacting that law..?" They just stood there dumbfounded....GET INVOLVED..!!!

City... that is the entire province of Ontario... It is illegal to breed and sell Pitbull or pitbull like breeds in this province. It's not just local authorities that have their heads up their butts these days. Don't get me started on our street racing laws, our anti smoking laws (I dont smoke buts its still a crock)... I could go on. It seems there are a few bleeding hearts in every comunity that have nothing better to do then become a royal pain in the arse for the average Joe, and as BadRatt said unless you get involved and tell these few individuals where to go, it ain't going to get any better...

Glade i'm a hillbilly and live in a holler! dont know how i would handle if the county tryed that stuff. About the worst that they have done so fare is to try to make people cover up there old vehickles with tarps or build a fence so they can't be seen from the road .
On one hand i can see what there trying to acomplish ,but on the other i think its just a bunch of bull! Its hard enough to make a living now days without this bologna?!?.:confused::mad:

City... that is the entire province of Ontario... It is illegal to breed and sell Pitbull or pitbull like breeds in this province. It's not just local authorities that have their heads up their butts these days. Don't get me started on our street racing laws, our anti smoking laws (I dont smoke buts its still a crock)... I could go on. It seems there are a few bleeding hearts in every comunity that have nothing better to do then become a royal pain in the arse for the average Joe, and as BadRatt said unless you get involved and tell these few individuals where to go, it ain't going to get any better...

My sister has a Staff/Lab cross...She looks like a pit with really long legs...:) Possibly the sweetest-tempered dog I've ever known, her only problem is that she thinks she's a lapdog.;)

I smoke, but have no problem with the laws in regards to that. Smoking IS a health issue, whether smokers want to admit it or not. Many will not have enough consideration to take the admittedly filthy habit outside and away from doors so non-smokers don't have to be exposed to it.

My apprentice at work just lost his license and had his car impounded for a week or so due to the "street racing" thing...his own fault, he was driving 50kph over the limit within city of 'Shwa limits. Unfortunately for him, "You no drive, you no have job," so he's on layoff until he gets his license back.

Anyway, I heard a rumour about a year back that cars under car covers in people's driveways would be required to have a see-through opening over the license plate, so that passing officers could check that your regs are current...dude, WTF!?!:mad: I mean, even if it's a beater, project, whatever, at least the owner has the courtesy to keep it covered. I honestly think they should go after the heaps sitting parked on flats, covered in graffiti, with owners too lazy to call and have them towed away for scrap. The problem is, as always, those who make the laws "generally" can't (or won't) differentiate between a hobby vehicle and a useless eyesore. Luckily for me, our current Mayor here in The Dirty 'Shwa is a car enthusiast who owns a nicely restored Corvair Monza ragtop...as well as a new 2010 Camaro "MayorMobile" rolled off the line special for him. He also supports our local big yearly car show "AutoFest."

Joining SEMASAN might be a good idea. it's free and can help you keep up-to-date on local and regional legislation. Joining up will help add one more vote off support to these guys and gals who fight government for OUR right to enjoy special-interest vehicles.

Whew, my two typing fingers are sore!:D Think I'll hop down now.

Regards,
Shea:)

My comment on the smoking was more so in regards to not smoking in company vehicles and such, not on the health issues. A few guys at my last job were tagged with it and it seems to make no sense when two guys in the truck are smoking, who is it hurting but themselves. Yes there are the health care costs and what not, but same could be said for obese people... but thats a bit of a tangent, I'll leave it at that.

I was under the impression that SemaSAN was an American only outfit. To my knowledge there isnt a single lobby group as such in Canada. (but I could be wrong, have been before and will be again)

Oh, and on the street racing, fine suspend a liscence for x amount of days. Impound the car for x amount of days. But do not give the authority to do both to a single Police officer. I am fine with heavy fines and suspensions, should they be given from a court, not some power tripping po-po that has some sand in his crack (that day)... but once again Ill leave it at that...

junk cars

[]Well the cops have put a big red sticker on every car or truck on my or in parts!

find out if your'e town/county has a parts for restoring law.. where i live l can have 4 parts vechicles as long as there out of sight, l'm in the county, also in washington state there is the excempt/classic license law.. if its over 25 years old it can be licensed as a classic and has limited use but no tab renewal ever once it registered as a horseless carriage or a collecter /classic,, l have that on three of my cars and someone bitched about the cars in my yard; when the inspector showed up at my house l quoted the RCW laws reguarding "junk vehicles' and that the other ones in plain [not coverd or hidden] sight were classic registered and therefore can be parked for a long period of time as they are now limited use cars and people can bitch all they want as l cannot drive them everyday as the law prevents this,,, it solved my problem as two more times the inspectors came out and said that they'd like me to put them under cover but can't make me so every time someone bitches they have to respond, so l said then l guesss l will see you or someone from your'e office sooner or later as l am not going to get rid of my parts cars or my "TOYS" to please my naboirs, ones who camplian just moved in a few years ago and none of them are car people [ddd hope this helps,,,later

Last edited:
My comment on the smoking was more so in regards to not smoking in company vehicles and such, not on the health issues. A few guys at my last job were tagged with it and it seems to make no sense when two guys in the truck are smoking, who is it hurting but themselves. Yes there are the health care costs and what not, but same could be said for obese people... but thats a bit of a tangent, I'll leave it at that.

I was under the impression that SemaSAN was an American only outfit. To my knowledge there isnt a single lobby group as such in Canada. (but I could be wrong, have been before and will be again)

Have you checked out the CSRA?

www.csra.ca

Sorry, dunno if the link will work or not...nothing current came up on "BING." What a useless search engine...:mad:

SEMA Action Network welcomes Canadians. Membership is free and I've recieved one or two e-mail notices of Canadian actions or legislation through them.

www.semasan.com/san/Join.aspx

There's only one way to get what we want, that's to STAND UP FOR IT!!

Regards,
Shea:)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back