Just checking in.... Been awhile

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bell

Hey fellas! I just wanted to stop by and say, I'm still here!

Been working on a little "side project." A 1961 Wheel Horse 551. Heavily modified, of course. [;) :D

The Dodge Brothers is paitiently waiting out in the barn, and I'll be starting on it in a month or so. As soon as my tax return comes, I'll be getting with Ron Pope (RPM) to order my front axle, brakes and suspension.
[cl

Here's the Hot Rod Horse...

junior_066.jpg

junior_070.jpg

junior_074.jpg

junior_076.jpg

Well, thank you!

Cleaned, painted and mounted the engine...
sackburner_022.jpg

And put the exhaust together...
sackburner_027.jpg

sackburner_029.jpg

sackburner_033.jpg

The wife and I are going to hit the local junkyards on Tuesday, to find some stuff for the DB...(she hasn't been junkyarding with me for 10+ years... this could be promising... :D ) Needing a WIDE rear axle (probably Ford E150 van) and hopefully find some other good stuff...

Almost forgot to update this...

It's done!
sackburner_027%7E0.jpg

sackburner_034%7E0.jpg

sackburner_026.jpg

sackburner_022%7E0.jpg

sackburner_032.jpg

I just bought the torque converter and some other misc. stuff that I need to get the Dodge Brothers fired up! As soon as I get a customer's tractor done, and get my snow pushing tractor outfitted for winter, I'll be back on the DB!!!!

long way

from what it started out to where it is now is an amazing transformation [cl

looks great :D

what horse power is the motor and how many gears?

be proud to have that in my stable [dr

Later :cool:

Thanks fellas! It's a 8hp Kohler Magnum. It was originally powered by a 5.5hp Lauson (tecumseh). It had 3 speeds forward and 1 reverse originally.... now has 6 forward and 2 reverse.

You ruined all that great patina !!!!!!!!! :D What a transformation, looks brandy new. Makes me miss the days when I had a yard to mow, I always felt like a farmer when I was riding around cutting the lawn. :)

Don

Latest posts

Back