Know your limits.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can see what you are saying about the pipe, bad welds, and the lack of shackles......I hope you are not knocking the fact that he laid the Nova/Camaro subframe under the Ford frame and attached it that way. This way, the trans crossmember is in the right location and for me, made it much easier lining things up......That is the way I did my 51.....20 years ago. I have been daily driving it since, driving cross country a couple of times towing a house trailer....hasnt fallen apart yet

14295truck21.jpg

51ford10.jpg

Larrysflight002.jpg

Now I know the sub frame add on was botched. And there were no shackles on the rear. But since I live in the rusty NE it kills me to see those frame rails get cut up for scrap when they looked to be very rust free! The sub frame could have been cut out and re-done correctly and the rear 4 linked and C notched. At least there was something to start with. Up here we build new chassis because you just can't fix swiss cheese! [cl

The frame was junk. It had been welded on and cut on. It would be easier to make new ones and you would have a better end product.

As for the way it was done. It probably would be fine but not with the welds and cobbled mess they had going on.

Latest posts

Back