Loookie What I Found!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M@Rod

this is in an airplane hanger here where i live....just need to find a way to own it!!!

Attachments

• Picture 622.jpg
    Picture 622.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 116
  • Picture 613.jpg
    Picture 613.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 77
  • Picture 618.jpg
    Picture 618.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 103
Holly Molly, that must be the last one !!!!! :D

Geez a Deuc 5 window. I'll bet if you can find a way to own it, it won't come cheap. I looks pretty solid too........ ah where did you say you found this? :rolleyes:

You are looking at between $ 10,000 and $ 15,000 dollars worth of Deuce there, maybe more. Being that it has what looks like a '57 Chevy bumper laying on it, the guy obviously knows cars. If so, he also knows what this one is worth. However, you never know.............it could be one of those situations where the Bird of Paradise smiles on you! :D

I'd start by trying to find out who owns it, and be very secretive about it so no one else gets a whiff of it being there.

Good luck, let us know how you make out.

Don

BTW, if you DO score this car it deserves a proper build. Owning one of these is not like owning some lesser car, you are obligated to build it correctly which also relates to spending a fair amount of money on the project. There are certain cars I would not want to own simply because not doing them absolutely correct would be akin to calling the Pope names. Building a Deuce 5 window demands that you do it right.

Wow, it even has a perfect, uncut firewall!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

if you DO score this car it deserves a proper build. Owning one of these is not like owning some lesser car, you are obligated to build it correctly

I agree 110%, the owner does not live here, but will be back in a couple weeks, i am going to try and speak with him about the car, and if its more than i can afford i will pass the info on to others, i would love to see this car put back to a traditional hot rod. if it is "not for sale" then the least i can do is offer to help build it and maybe make a new friend, the hangar has the car a front bumper to a 57 chevy truck, laying on the 32, and a older experimental aircraft but mostly junk.

Last year a 32 5 window rolled out of an obscure garage in the small town where I lived in East Texas. Hardly anyone even knew it was there. 30 plus years of sitting, all original but aging. I think the guy got it for 7 grand but with caveats. Anyway it sets in front of his junkyassed place with a bunch of scrap iron and clapped out 60s pickups. Hatfield allegedly sees it and offers 22,000. No, can't sell it or allow it to get hotrodded, part of the deal. Word has it that Hatfields customer offered 40,000.

Yep, if it is in the shape it looks like in the pictures and has a frame and all, the sky is the limit. I wouldn't be surprised at all if that $ 40 K offer you mention wasn't true. After all, Brookville gets $ 25K for a three window body and nobody repops a five window. The '32 in the hangar is a high buck car for sure.

BTW, that bumper doesn't look like any Chevy truck bumper I have seen, more like a car bumper. Bet the same guy has one of those tucked away somewhere too.

Don

Yeah that is in very good condition. Hope you can get it and do it right. You know cut the top off and make it a roadster, ditch the frame and slam it to the ground. :rolleyes: Keep wondering minds updated on the situation.

Yep, if it is in the shape it looks like in the pictures and has a frame and all, the sky is the limit. I wouldn't be surprised at all if that $ 40 K offer you mention wasn't true. After all, Brookville gets $ 25K for a three window body and nobody repops a five window. The '32 in the hangar is a high buck car for sure.

BTW, that bumper doesn't look like any Chevy truck bumper I have seen, more like a car bumper. Bet the same guy has one of those tucked away somewhere too.

Don

I always wanted to do a poor mans duece 5 window. Use a 31 model A coupe. Flush fit the doors and redo the windshield. If it's just a hotrod anyway the is there enough difference between driving a 31 or a 32 to pay $30,000+ more for the shell you start with?

I always wanted to do a poor mans duece 5 window. Use a 31 model A coupe. Flush fit the doors and redo the windshield. If it's just a hotrod anyway the is there enough difference between driving a 31 or a 32 to pay $30,000+ more for the shell you start with?

I was thinking the exact same thing. All ya need to do really is put a radius in the front of the roof, and gap the doors. Find us a project, and I'll help ya with it...

hmm...

well to do that we would need to find a decent priced A, they are high also, hell i would be happy to get a T coupe to build.

Latest posts

Back