My '41 Ford PU build!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stupid!!!

Ok... I know this sounds stupid but my build got hung up by a stupid master cylinder I bought with the tubular x member. It had some weird sized outlets in 2 different sizes. I tried getting fittings but finally just asked the company to trade me out for a standard version. Got it in the mail yesterday & am gonna have to double time & get the braking system done. I'll post fotos when I get going again... finally!!!

BoB

Ok... I know this sounds stupid but my build got hung up by a stupid master cylinder I bought with the tubular x member. It had some weird sized outlets in 2 different sizes. I tried getting fittings but finally just asked the company to trade me out for a standard version. Got it in the mail yesterday & am gonna have to double time & get the braking system done. I'll post fotos when I get going again... finally!!!

BoB

Hmmmmm. Sounds like excuses I hear from my kids as to why their room wasn't cleaned up when it was supposed to be.:D Can't wait to see it going again. I'm sure that Nailhead is getting anxious to breathe once more.

Get 'er done!!!

Well... I've had some free time & started bending up the brake lines on my '41. Bought these bending pliers at the Houston Autorama & love 'um!!! Swiped this foto off Eastman.

BoB

Attachments

• bender.jpg
    bender.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 66
Finally gettin' around to puttin' the brake lines in. My master is under the floorboards facing backwards, then the 2lb residual valve & the tubing going to the back & the clamps installed. I'll hang the braided steel hoses to the rear brakes next. Can't wait to get past this & on to the gas tank. I'm *really* anxious to get the big Nail fired up!!!

BoB

Attachments

• master.jpg
    master.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 84
  • residual.jpg
    residual.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 80
  • holders.jpg
    holders.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 101
  • danail.jpg
    danail.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 82
Firewall

Had to cut the recessed firewall down because of the channel & add another recess for the dizzy. Finally got it welded in & got some mud on that I'll sand down tomorrow & flat black. Now to the interior flooring!

BoB

Attachments

• firewall2.jpg
    firewall2.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 91
After workin' on getting the firewall in I lowered the body down to it's real position & got really fired up. It has a really kool stance & is lo-down like I wanted. I'm gonna try to get it finished enough to make it to the Lone Star Roundup in April. Won't have a bed on it but the quick change hangin' out for all to see will work for me! Got a lot to do some I'll be doin' some heavy garage time tween now & then but I can finally see da lite @ the end of da tunnel!!! :D:D:D

BoB

Close!

I am gettin' ever so close to fire'n the big Nailhead up & had the 3 slot pulleys... er.. A/C & power steering not needed... just water pump & alt! We don't need to stinkin' PS & A/C!!! So I found these on daBay & they are on their way to the old Tipper's house as we speak. Over the weekend I cut & fitted the flooring support out of 2"x1" tubing & will weld all that up today... fotos later!

BoB

Attachments

• pulleys.jpg
    pulleys.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 15
I love to hear the excitement you have ! when I get close to the finish everything changes for the better ( life is good ) ! I'm excited along with you !

Latest posts

Back