My '41 Ford PU build!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got fuel pressure issue straightened out, got shifter working properly & am tying up wiring to make sure it doesn't get rubbed anywhere, making sure all grounds are good, installing seat belts & am nearing blast off for maiden voyage! This sucker's finally gonna see the light of day... yipppeee!!!

Whoops... also fixing to put the Bonehead's bottle opener on... can't forget the important stuff!!!

BoB

One step forward... one step back! My fuel delivery probs returned & are either a clogged idle circuit or a bad accelerator pump on the primary carb (leaning towards a clog). I also jacked the truck up to work on some wiring underneath & when I took the jack stand out & let it back down the door closed slightly & the jack stand caught on the bottom of the door. Luckily it didn't screw up the outer lip but made a mess of the inner part of the door at the bottom. Just what I needed... I cry!!! :eek::mad::mad::eek:

BoB

Got the primary carb back from Vintage Speed. The brass nipple I used for the fuel inlet was too long & had blocked off the fuel flow. Charlie fixed it & I have it back in my grubby lil paws as we speak. I'll be in the garage all weekend & this cooler weather here is perfect! Can't wait!

BoB

...... this cooler weather here is perfect! Can't wait!

BoB

smiley-fingertap-gigi.gif
Me neither! :D

Just took 1st drive around the block... WHOA!!! Sucker is wicked fast. I have big meats on the back but that ain't gonna be gittin' it!!! I'll roast these biggies off & get some stickier rears! Now on to the door latches! :D:D:D

BoB

Definitely... but there's no way I'm drivin' & tapin' at the same time... too scary! Smoky burnout time!!! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

Duct tape the camera to the dash or door. Or get a neighbor to ride shotgun. We will also accept curbside video.

If none of that will work for you, get in front of a cop car and smoke 'em off then ask for a copy of his dash cam video. :D

Photographic proof is required! Not that we don't believe you, we just want live it with you. :D

Next on my list!

If none of that will work for you, get in front of a cop car and smoke 'em off then ask for a copy of his dash cam video. :D

Haha... already got read out by a cop about my Son's age or younger. Probably have to pass on this one!
[ddd[ddd[ddd

Can't tell you what a relief it is... I started this thread 5/12/07!!! :eek:

BoB

Made fender spreaders & got driver's door aligned about as good as it's gonna get... now installing Bear Claw latch. Yes... I seein' the lite at the end of the build tunnel!!! [cl[cl[cl

BoB

Attachments

• bearclaw.jpg
    bearclaw.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 32

Latest posts

Back