My '41 Ford PU build!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fenders... finally!!!

Yesterday I got the inner fender panels & today i was mockin' up the front sheet metal & ck'n the fit for the radiator, fan etc. Can't wait to get all this stuff on. The fenders need some work & I'll be postin' my trials & tribulations with that as I go.

BoB

Attachments

• fronton.jpg
    fronton.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 179
mmm

I love the trucks to, I whish we had time to do other while were waiting to finsh the first.....cant wait to see more pics.

New wheels... front glass!

Well... I really wasn't satisfied with the wheels I had on the fronts... too thin. I wanted this truck to handle well so when I ordered the wheels for my panel gasserr... I got some for the PU too! Also got windshield rubber & am fixin' to get the front glass cut. Gonna run a center piece instead of butting & sealing with silicone. Been puttin' it off but I guess channel is next!

BoB

Attachments

• newwheels.jpg
    newwheels.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 140
  • rubber.jpg
    rubber.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 104
The truck is TITS Tripper! I personally am looking forward to your windshield install. I have a 47 cab and I have new glass, yet to get the gaskets. Im real nervous on the install though. I bought my glass from an outfit in MN, I paid 120 bux delievered in my choice of tint, I choose the vintage greenish color. Heres the place I got my glass.... www.autocityclassic.com :)

Distracted!

Ok... I got distracted with the '41 Chev panel gasser build but now I'm back on my PU again. I wanted to finish up the shock mount & measured up for the channel. Broke out the trusty welder & went to town!!! :eek:

BoB

Attachments

• B4.jpg
    B4.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 130
  • halfway.jpg
    halfway.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 173
  • after.jpg
    after.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 203
Drip rails... they have to go!

Never been a big fan of drip rails so... they have to go. It's been a little while since I welded on sheet metal so I switched to some thinner wire & got with the program. Took a little while to get the touch back & wore all my gear... no burned clothes, burned hands or burnin' steel in the eyes! Decided to lead this in instead of plastic filler! :D:D:D

BoB

Attachments

• driprail.jpg
    driprail.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 158
Back @ it!!!

Well I have been extremely busy & have neglected my truck so I caught a break & am back at the 3 1/2" channel. In the 1st photo I marked the line to cut the reveal off. In the 2nd picture the reveal has been separated & I marked the 3 1/2" section to be removed (in red) & will do that after a little Miller time. Then I'll move the lower section up in the gap, weld 'er back up & proceed to the front of the cab! I used a sawzall for this but will use a smaller air powered hand saw for better control to remove the red area.

BoB

Attachments

• line.jpg
    line.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 111
  • nextnred.jpg
    nextnred.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 125
Reveal!

Did this Saturday but just gettin' around to post. I removed a 4" section & will now move the reveal up & tack in on. Since the cab is angled as it goes up I'll need to remove the end pieces of the reveal and tack them on the sides & patch in about 1" pieces on both sides to fill in the gap. Got the hand grinder on both pieces to make ready for welding but got tendonitis in my left elbow so it'll be a little B4 I'm back @ it. I plan on gettin' the flooring in asap & move on.

BoB

Attachments

• halfoff.jpg
    halfoff.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 92
  • alloff.jpg
    alloff.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 93
Don't let a little physical pain get in the way of progress! Looks like you have some nice tin there and you are doing fine work. Take 2 aspirin and start over in the morning.:D

Latest posts

Back