My '42 Chevy pickup build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't suffer with PPD...

now I am so stoked!!! I can almost see the end of this build!!! Kinda sad that it will be over but happy cuz I can finally drive it!!!

Or maybe PTSD.....it's always takes the wind out of my sails when something is finally finished....although the trip down the road never seems to end...but then you just go out and drive the wheels off it and that feeling soon disappears and you drive all over trying to find someone to take for a ride so they can experience the thrill as well.....almost sounds like some sort of BB King song...LOL "thrill is gone, thrill has gone away"...ok.I'm done...

Or maybe PTSD.....it's always takes the wind out of my sails when something is finally finished....although the trip down the road never seems to end...but then you just go out and drive the wheels off it and that feeling soon disappears and you drive all over trying to find someone to take for a ride so they can experience the thrill as well.....almost sounds like some sort of BB King song...LOL "thrill is gone, thrill has gone away"...ok.I'm done...

Yeah I never thought of it like that! I know I am gonna be pickin up anyone that wants to go for ride tho :) Told the yougest boy at home that I would take him to school a few times in the hot rod and he got all excited about that

Made some LED bolts today

Bought some of these and when I got them I realized I could make these cheaper than I paid for the other ones :) So I sat down today and made a few of these up :)

Attachments

• LED Bolts 3.jpg
    LED Bolts 3.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 38
  • LED bolts.jpg
    LED bolts.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 37
  • LED Bolts 4.jpg
    LED Bolts 4.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 37
  • LED Bolts 5.jpg
    LED Bolts 5.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 38
Yeah I never thought of it like that! I know I am gonna be pickin up anyone that wants to go for ride tho :) Told the yougest boy at home that I would take him to school a few times in the hot rod and he got all excited about that

LOL I Told my 13yr daughter I pick her up at school in the rat when its done and she told me NO! You better not I'll CRY!

Well a little update since my last post - All the wiring is done!!! Just finished replacing the rear brakes with new wheel cylindars and springs along with new shoes. Gonna replace the rear axle U joint as soon as I can get to the parts store Then put the driveshaft in :)

pretty cool....I thought about putting fenders on mine front/back when done just to give it a different look.After seeing your back fenders may have to mock mine up to see what she would look like.I had the very same idea,trailer fenders from tractor supply/northern or ? Maybe fenders on the front wides supported by a hidden brace so you just see the fender? Hmmmmmmm.....cool rod bubba....

Attachments

• DSCN2318.jpg
    DSCN2318.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 31
pretty cool....I thought about putting fenders on mine front/back when done just to give it a different look.After seeing your back fenders may have to mock mine up to see what she would look like.I had the very same idea,trailer fenders from tractor supply/northern or ? Maybe fenders on the front wides supported by a hidden brace so you just see the fender? Hmmmmmmm.....cool rod bubba....

Yeah I got my fenders from northern tool :) I was originally just gonna use 2 and split them then widen them but when I laid the 2 of them on one side I really liked the way it looked :) plus I didn't wanna have to run big ugly mudflaps hangin off the back LOL

Thanx :)

Hey can anyone help me out as far as an insurance company I can go thru with my truck I tried Hagerty and because I have a few things on my driving record they can't cover me so I am gonna be forced to go with a regular insurance company so any help would be cool

Wl today officially sucks!! Now the glass guys cme by to make a template for my windshield and came back with plexi pieces to test fit and the angle on top and on the bottom aren't the same so the glass won't lay flat like it's spose to so I have no idea what I am gonna do now :(

Latest posts

Back