My boys F3-460

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waiting for the coilovers to make it a 'Roller' I mocked the gas tank into place.
DSC04526.jpg

DSC04527.jpg

After nearly 3 hours of fighting with 4 bolts holding the cab on finally got it moved so I can work on the engine and trans x members.
Had a pair of fancy schmancy coilover brackets 'fabricated' and weldedin place.
DSC04532.jpg

DSC04533.jpg

Had some later Ford taillights so I thought I'd use them.
Made a couple of spacers to mount them.
Got the rear fenders on and finished the spare carrier/gas filler hatch.
IMG_1124.jpg

IMG_1125.jpg

IMG_1127.jpg

IMG_1126.jpg

IMG_1128.jpg

Got the gas springs mounted on the tire carrier.
Finally got the trans x-member ,had to make 2 one inch spacer blocks and then got it fitted.
Mocked up the brake pedal/booster bracket.
Now comes the question...Do I need to weld another piece to the bracket to space it the 2" needed or would 4 x 2" pieces of threaded tube be strong enough?
Bent the brake pedal to mirror the original.
Picked up a nice clean pair of leather buckets for it.
DSC06486.jpg

DSC06483.jpg

DSC06488.jpg

DSC06490.jpg

DSC06485.jpg

Found a thread on the Ford trucks site that goes into detail on how to fit an Early Toyota p/s set up in the truck.
Had to grind down the one edge of the steering box so it fits as tightly against the frame rail as possible and then made the bracket.
Bracket looks odd because the frame rails are not parallel where the steering box sits.
DSC06492.jpg

DSC06493.jpg

DSC06494.jpg

Got the mufflers in place so I drop the box back into place and finish the work on it.
Drilled the holes for the rans cooler and fitted the engine x-member into place.

Final assembly of brake pedal/lines and trans x-member so I can put the cab back on to do the steering set up.
Wasn't happy with the cross member so making a few 'adjustments' to it.

Latest posts

Back