My boys F3-460

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Painted the bed floor a nice shade of 'barn red',was going with black but it's so 2010 and seems just lately that everyone uses black;):p
Since I dropped the front 5 inches I needed to bend the steering arm to compensate.

Got the steering joint so I could line up the column,figure out the drop and what riser I need to make for the seats.
Made a fancy little bottom column bracket.

Pulled the 460 apart and everything looks good so will order a new cam,bearing and a timing chain set and put it all back together.
I'll take the block in so my buddy can jet wash it and save me the work.

Decided to build a frame for the seat riser so I have some space for storage or maybe even the heater.Ground off all the seat parts that won't be used.
Took everything out of the dash.

Got the engine buttoned up today so I can hook the trans on and drop it back in the truck.
Thought I'd be a guinea pig and try 'American shifter'..what a pile of crap, made it fit after retapping threads,bending brackets and supplying all the little bits they forgot,never again.

Got the little parts painted up because it's too cold in the shop to drop the engine into the frame.
Got a package today with the new retrofit gauges.

I'm using the 'Refletix' bubble/foil wrap on the roof and back and a foil faced fibreglass on the firewall.
Hey Earthman,just saw your sig line.
My eldest brother lived with the Hopi in Kikotsmovi (sp) for many many years helping them in their battle with the mining company.

Made up a quick trans tunnel,rebuilt and put new cables on the heater and got the torque converter fitted so dropped the engine back in.
Started re-assembly and plan to get the cab bolted down before xmas.

Latest posts

Back