My frame

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Merc52

Just wanted to post my frame build. I've always wanted to build one and work finally let me use there jig table. It's not fully welded yet but I do have a few sub frames to work with. Worked on the rear section for a hour and a half to make sure it was level every direction. Just a little bit more cuttin and welding and she'll be ready.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 170
Mig welder.
As far as the pics going every direction I don't no how that happend. When I look at them on my pad they are right way

Plans are to make a rendition of a bobber truck. It's been a dream of mine for the longest time to sure on the year of truck yet but I have a few that I have my eye on. It's going to be a low budget build buy parts here and there. And ultimately it would look simulate to this thing

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 91
A little update. Notched the frame and tacked it cut the trans crossmember parts .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 79
Plans are to make a rendition of a bobber truck. It's been a dream of mine for the longest time to sure on the year of truck yet but I have a few that I have my eye on. It's going to be a low budget build buy parts here and there. And ultimately it would look simulate to this thing

I've seen that one in real life. That is a nice truck to copy.

I don't want to copy it I WANT to build a truck similar. Still haven't decided on the body just yet more into getting the chassis ready to roll.

Made some progress.welded the rest up at work they love this kind of stuff. My boss told be as long as it wasn't a trailer I could do it he never said a truck...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 91
My floor isn't too level
My plans are to build a stable hinge post near the back wall for a rear frame where a tilt deck drops to the floor so you can winch a car up the table....
then I can lift the front (garage door end) with the forklift and place heavy stands under it.
I'll probably use LVL header material for the planks and bolt a heavy L under the center to keep them from sagging. levelled in with screw jacks.

I think i can build it so I can set it up outside or put it out of the way by breaking it down to parts you can handle.

i used to have an open center car trailer I used for this purpose

I've decided to sell my big block:(:(:( not that I don't have any faith in my welding it's just I don't think I need 600 + hp in a 2500 lb truck. I want something smaller that I can one day let my kids drive and not kill themselves. I was thinking of a flat head. Pulse if I go with a flat head I no a guy that has like 10 of them and he was talking about selling a few off. Oh well more to come.

Ps any information you guys have about building chassis help me out all I really know is that it should be square and level. I am working on gussets if you want to call them that for the butt welds to strengthen them up.

So the big block is gone and I got a real good running flat head to put in the chassis. Hoping to be getting a c4 trans and a rear end soon . Also ordered a bunch of parts for the front axel.going to be a fun day or so putting that together excited

Latest posts

Back