my New daily ride!!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigShem

sorry havent been here in a awhile gang recovering from a hernia operation any blah blah blah just brought this home today its a 54 buick special run and drives smooth all original motor ect ect... let me know whatchas think and maybe some ideas for her future

Attachments

• 7yuti.jpg
    7yuti.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 70
  • bgfdr.jpg
    bgfdr.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 48
  • chipfoose.jpg
    chipfoose.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 46
  • ghfds.jpg
    ghfds.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 42
  • loiuh.jpg
    loiuh.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 59
That's a big big old ride. Back in the day those were road hogs! Sweet! [cl

ISore

Ahhh Thanks Fella's, just ran my first hundred miles on her and no problems she ran so smooth windows down wind in my hair it was awsome this thing turns heads wherever i go in it.i do want to clean it up a lil painted the bumpers only cause the rust was coming under the chrome and i wanted to seal it till i can get them rechromed but as i keep starring at it i think i like the black... i would also like to try to find a set of steel wheel 5on 5 and do whitewalls so if anyone knows where i can find a set let me know asap. also i'll put up for sale those buick rims that are on her now i think they came of a skylark maybe late 60 or 70 not real sure. also want to lower the azzend im thinking maybe 2 inches tell me your thoughts on this... engine id like to try to find maybe headers and a manifold to mount maybe a 4barrel on her i havent really seen many diffirent set ups on the 264 nailhead if anyone has anypics or something they want to get rid of please let me know...well ill write more tommorow just wanted to share with yas oh heres a couple more pics i took... enjoy[dr

Attachments

• 3kool.jpg
    3kool.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 27
Hope you are healing up well. :) I like your new ride and agree the only thing out of place are the wheels and blackwalls. Some chrome rims and whitewalls would do wonders.

A muffler shop should be able to whip up some dual exhausts with some rappin mufflers. I also agree that you really want to make sure all the brake parts are in tip top shape because these cars had single master cylinders, so if you get a leak you have NO brakes and the dynaflow transmission is not a lot of help slowing you down.

Nailheads are such pretty engines that a little cleaning and painting will do wonders there too. Have fun! :D

Don

Oh, and that side trim is perfect for a two tone paint scheme.

Latest posts

Back