new ford steel, threw the roof

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i know they are "made' in america but i heard all the stamping was done in africa for cheaper labor... also Steves Auto Restorations makes steel bodies, we had a customer looking at buying a 57 chevy convert and the thing is it need, 1/4 panels, trunk to firewall floors, replaced rockers, all the trim, so he bought one of these body's they are nice for what you pay for, infact the gaps and the way the panels lined up were better than the other 57 we're working on. Think about it most of us arent paying $55-$90 an hour to metal fabicate, all that time really adds up in a month.

Well, after listening to all the opinions an the cost of *real steel* real and repo bodies......I stand by my original statement. If I can't find and take a rusted 32 shell and fix it primo for way under $25,000. I'll buy a bicycle....[;)

On the '32s you're paying a lot for it just being a '32, if I was independantly wealthy I would buy one in a second. I love the '32 three windows but a '30-'31 coupe is probably as close as I will get. Oh, and for anyone that can afford one I say good for them.

32 another fake.

Two words ORIGINAL----FAKE. they are exactly opposite from each other so paying original price for a fake is just stupid. When you get through you still have a fake. Brookville has made alot of money with their fake fiberglass stuff so I guess they are going to do the same with this. The 32 repop stuff has been overdone,overpriced but as long as gold chainers want to pay for somebody else to do the work its going to continue.A 34 Ford coupe looks just as good and in some cases better than a 32 but without the Hemmings and Barrett Jackson hipe.To the guys that claim this is a good deal Valentines day is coming up,buy your old lady a fake Diamond and see how that goes over.:cool:

Is it envy,jealousy or just hatred of anyone who has spent money on a car?
A very good friend of mine has an extremely clean well built Rod that he worked hard and long to pay for.
He has no mechanical skills but can make a backhoe sing and dance.
He would love a Deuce and this way would be the only way he'd get one,unless someone finds a rusty one and charges him for the hundreds of hours it would take to make it right.
His money,his car but obviously other peoples' problems reading through this.

Sure theyre pricey but they gotta make a profit. They are after all a business. The price of the equipment, material and labor all factor in. If somebodies got the money why not? I hopped on the rip on the rich guy band wagon and got put in my place. I was asked if I built my house or the car I drive dailey. Nope so why am I ripping on a guy who had a rod built? Not everybody can do what some of us do, that doesnt make them a bad person.

I was asked if I built my house or the car I drive dailey. Nope so why am I ripping on a guy who had a rod built? Not everybody can do what some of us do, that doesnt make them a bad person.

Well said! Couldn't have put it better myself.

And to the person who says anything but an origanl is a fake, then I take it you would never be caught dead driving an AC cobra kit car? So either you have the $1.5M to drive an origanal or you just won't be bothered to drive a fake Cobra. I would drive a glass cobra, or a glass 34 coupe, or even a glass 32 coupe. I would Rather have steel but in the end it is a hot rod and heavily modified. Thus being modified then having an origanal body becomes a mute point. I have a friend that restored a 440 6 pack charger. All that was left after body work was the upper fire wall, roof panel and the inner c pillars. So is this still an origanal body or is it now a fake due to 90% of it being replaced? it is only origanal up to the point of the first part being replaced. Then it is no longer origanal. we could go on for hours on this subject. Just my $.02 [cl

... if I was independantly wealthy I would buy one in a second. ....

I think I 'd buy one and do a horrible chop on it - 1" higher on one side than the other - just to make everybody cringe that I destroyed a '32. [ddd

Gastrick - I think those are the presses they use to stamp out the fiberglass bodies.

Last edited:
Oh, my bad :D. I think I'll go out to the garage and set my car on fire. My kind of stuff is taking a beating here :eek:

Gas, Don't set it on fire. Fire it up! And enjoy the ride in your outstanding coupe. You've got that fake Corvette too, made out of plastic...

Fact is, I like the diversity of opinions. It's a big wide-open marketplace. The best of times for hot rodders. There's old steel, new steel, fiberglass, pro shops, amateur builders and every kind of reproduction part and piece you might need.

You just have to pick what best fits your time, talent, finances and taste.

Build on , boys!

I've actually had more fun with my fake car than any other I've ever had before. I don't worry about it. I'm secure in my manhood ;)

fakes

jfq455 no I do not want a fake Cobra or fake fiberglass any car. So I guess you would go out and get you a Shay Roadster and then get put down by all the Brookville fiberglass owners saying their stuff is better.There is nothing wrong with buying a fiberglass car if thats what you want but the prices being charged for them is just rediculous for the product.Buy a body like the one in this post and when it is completely finished you will have around $50,000 in it. There are plenty of original cars out there already done for less money.To each his own.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back