New from California

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

human

Hello all,

20-something High School teacher from Santa Barbara, California. Looking to get into rodding after riding bikes my whole life. I need something a little safer for these parts, as we've got notoriously bad drivers. My daily driver was a '48 panhead bobber, but I sold it for a truck after getting almost getting hit for the thousandth time.. So now I putt around in my 1983 burnt-orange Datsun - the "G" mobile (G for Grandma). Like most people I've seen, I'd like to build up a Model A or anything else with enough footroom for my 6'4 frame. Looking to start acquiring parts by late this month and I'll be sure to post a build log - it should be interesting..

Best,
Human

Last edited:
Welcome, and good to have you on board. You will love working on an old car , they are fun and great for destressing in this busy world. Good luck in finding a project, that is part of the fun.

Welcome!!!

Human,
Welcome to the forum. Most of the kool A & T's I've seen for sale have been out there on the left coast. If u think uhave bad drivers out there u should see them here in H-town... SCARY!!!

BoB

Good story about Texans...

I had a little 1990 Toyota p/u for several years - it was actually my first car. Trusty as hell. All I ever did was change the oil and minor fluids and it ran like a champ the whole time until one day I went to drive down to San Diego and I blew the headgasket. It took my by surprise, but long story short I was SOL sitting on the side of the road in nowheresville. I sat there for about four hours until a girl in a small SUV came up and asked if I needed help. I told her how I was stranded, etc and she offered me a ride...

...So we tied my truck to her hitch with some sketchy rope I had laying in my bed and pulled it through sidestreets at 2 AM for about 50 miles. She was probably one of the nicest people I've ever met. And that's my story about Texas - good people.

Latest posts

Back