New guy from Manitoba,Canada

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcart

Hi,Just introducing myself to this great looking site.I'm a farmer from western Manitoba, and like to play around with old cars and trucks in my spare time.I spent 25 yrs. competing in modified truck and tractor pulling before.We have a 70 pontiac GTO, I'm almost finished a 39 Chevy 2 dr. resto-rod.I have 2 41-46 chevy trucks.One is a pickup which I'm doing an S10 chassis swap this winter, and the other is a real nice 2 ton cab for a rat rod project that I can't wait to start on.Searching the web for frame and suspension ideas is how I found this site!Looks like I will find any help I need right here. Jim

Welcome to RRR. Sounds like some great vehicles. But it's required that you post pictures. ;) I'd love to see your Goat and some of the Pullers. There are a lot Muscle car and truck fans here.

Welcome to the site. I have a feeling the guys are going to be asking you about pulling tractors, as there are several of us here who want to hook up multiple engines. I'll save my questions until you are settled in.
Glad you found us.

Welcome to RRR. My cousins (the Sullivan's) out of Kentucky are tractor pullers. The "Kentuckian" is one of their tractors.

Welcome to "here" ...

Welcome to here, Jim.
It sounds like you may have some interesting photos and stories to share.
Lets see those projects and some of those pullers.
A lot of us are just HP junkies, we like POWER.... :D '22

Welcome from Calgary, seems we like our Chevy trucks up here. Are you doing the S10 swap with one of the kits or are you gonna do it yourself. I've been looking at these two trying to decide:

http://www.ad-engineering.com/HOMEPAGE.html

http://www.e-zchassisswaps.com/index.htm

I think my Model A is using up my motivation lately so I'm getting lazy:D. I'm gonna give this one a half ton box and an S10 chassis so far.

Sean

Attachments

• P4130307.JPG
    P4130307.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 3
  • P4130309.JPG
    P4130309.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 3
Thankyou for all of the welcomes!After lurking for a couple of days, I had already got the impression that this was not only a friendly place, but also somewhere to get some good help. To answer some questions:The S10 swap is with an E-Z Chassis swap.We actually drove down to his shop 2 weeks ago to pick it up.Nice guy, would recommend his kits. The Sullivans---I seen that tractor pull years ago.I've been crew chief for a friend competing against them in the truck class several times. Questions about multiple engine hookups, ask away.My first tractor, years ago, had 3 BB Chevies crank to crank.I was in the mod. two wheel drive truck class for the longest time.My last engine was a 572 ci Arias with a 1471 blower.It would be close to 2400 hp. Pictures----I new that would come up!!Once I get things figured out ,scanning old pics,or getting pics out of the camera and onto the internet is something I haven't learned how to do yet!I plan on showing my rat build, don't know if the S10 conversion is appropriate here? We were looking for a muscle car this summer, and really lucked out finding this GTO.Only 1877 were made in Canada that year,so they are few and far between up here. Later Jim.

Latest posts

Back