New project 49-52 chevy truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks guys for the kind words:)

I don't know Blademan yours is alot closer than mine is. LOL at the price of gas these days i'm thinking about buying me two mules to hookup to mine so i can atleast go for a ride :D

Perx Motorsports I thought the notch was going to be to much too at first its only 17 inches the should ride about 4 or 5 inches off the ground. I can adjustthe ride height with the weight jack on the rear springs. Here is a link to the one i did before i started mine it rides about 5 iches off the ground
http://www.ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=353

Looking real good, tiny. Like the looks of the chop & the fill in on the fender mounts.

Thanks guys!! I been plugging along this one is allot slower than first one. I have a s10 blazer I'm going to cut the door latches and handles out of and replace the old one they are froze up. The blazer latches look a lot like bear claws I think they will work out i just got to get busy doing it. thanks again guys without this site and the help of the members i wouldn't be as far along as i am thanks RRR

I haven't made many updates lately been working more than taking pictures. I got the cab mounted an Vega box installed started making the grill shell still a long ways to go maybe one day i will get to take her for a spin.

Attachments

• grill.jpg
    grill.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 171
  • side.JPG
    side.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 187
  • side2.JPG
    side2.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 159
  • side3.JPG
    side3.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 198
  • vegabox.JPG
    vegabox.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 192
and of course my favorite view the back. Going to get metal this week to start building the bed

Attachments

• back.JPG
    back.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 136
Tiny,
You ROCK.....

How far are you from the Coast Guard installation on Tanner Williams Rd.?
I have some business plans that might bring me down there first part of this week. Let me know something....

Thanks Flatbroke I'm about 8 miles just guessing. Man I'd sure like for ya to come and shoot the bull. When are you heading down this way ?

Tiny, that truck is looking GREAT!!!! I`ve been wanting to try one of these fenderless for a while now. I`ve got a`48 already stripped down to the cab and rolling chassis. I hope to start on it eventually, too many projects, too little time. I`m really interested in seeing your updates and learning and getting ideas. Keep `em coming.!!!!

Lee

Thanks guys :) Chopper tom i got it from speedway I think it was the Mr roadster spring

Thanks guys :) Chopper tom i got it from speedway I think it was the Mr roadster spring

do you recall the with measurments? and do you think it will work in a spring behind configuration?
Ive had a hard time finding a spring that has the center bolt located in the dead center of the spring on any junk vehicles.

do you recall the with measurements? and do you think it will work in a spring behind configuration?
Ive had a hard time finding a spring that has the center bolt located in the dead center of the spring on any junk vehicles.

Its 1 3/4 wide . I may not be the right one to ask Chopper tom on the spring behind configuration I don't see where it would be a problem but i have to ask way more questions than i have answers for . Maybe some of the other guys can give you some info on it. Here is the link to the spring i used. Wished i knew the correct answer for you.
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/p/7368,323_Front-Cross-Springs-For-Mr-Roadster-Axles-Reverse-Eye.html

As always Tiny, You continue to inspire us with your builds. The truck looks great man! I'm getting closer all the time to starting on my 51 F-1 and all the information you gave me has really helped me put it into perspective.

Thanks!!

Thunder1

Latest posts

Back