New project 49-52 chevy truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you very much guys. It was really a shock to win. I really didn't go to the show to win anything i just enjoy watching the people and kids. So far all the kids say look mom a halloween truck it still makes me laugh everytime one says it. Now i need a new project to start on. The wife says no for right now lol.

Well i think you forsure need another project also. I love watching your builds. She cant argue with it being 2 to 1. hehehe:D

Been working on the inside of my truck this week. I tried the peel n seal in place of dynamat I spent 75 dollars on peel n seal and 55 on carpet. I ran the peel n seal for a couple weeks and wow did it make a difference in the sound in the cab. Added carpet yesterday still have to install seat belts and some trim pieces today.

Attachments

• 701.JPG
    701.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 79
  • 703.JPG
    703.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 90
  • 707.JPG
    707.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 104
  • 709.JPG
    709.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 75
  • 710.JPG
    710.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 96
tiny this build is really driving me to finish my truck. i have one this same era and i hope it turns out this good.

How are you coming along on your build? I get so rapped up in mine doing little odds and in stuff when I'm not driving it. Right now its our daily driver the wife's car got jealous of us driving the truck it doesn't want to run i need to work on it but its not as much fun as the truck so maybe later I'll work on it. lol

Great job Tiny! You make me want to finish mine too. Though I have gotten used to watching the asphalt blur by through the gaps around the tranny. I can almost judge the speed. Keep up the great work!

Great job Tiny! You make me want to finish mine too. Though I have gotten used to watching the asphalt blur by through the gaps around the tranny. I can almost judge the speed. Keep up the great work!

LOL Bonehead i could have saved about 150 dollars if you had told me your trick for checking speed sooner. Thanks bud. :) Next on my list of things to do is get the glass in it.

lol its kinda like putting perfume on a hog ain't it. The wife said the only reason i did it was so she would have to keep it clean. :D

i chop the top 7"" on my 52 5 window pu just started this build plan on adding 4 to 6" to the cab length for leg room i wood like to get the front in down low outher then a drop ax any buddy got any suggestion on how thanks

Wow is all I can say. I love the truck, it's beautiful. The styling of your body is exactly how I'm picturing my future rat rod to look like.

Hopefully I can start finding some stuff soon that way I can start working on my own. Your build is definitely a huge inspiration to me.

Wow is all I can say. I love the truck, it's beautiful. The styling of your body is exactly how I'm picturing my future rat rod to look like.

Hopefully I can start finding some stuff soon that way I can start working on my own. Your build is definitely a huge inspiration to me.

Thank you very kindly :) I hope you have as much fun as i did when you start your build because its even more fun when you get to ride it.

i havebeen reading this for the past 3 hrs, great build and now im getting motivated to start my 54 ad 6500, but i see where you said you were going to get metal for the bed but no description of how you did it??????can you give me some ideas on this

Been reading all the threads I can find on AD's and ran across this one. I know it's been a year since you "finished"?? it, but just wanted to add my complements to all the others here.

You were ahead of your time on this one. Great truck!! You still driving it? any updates or pics?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back