New project 49-52 chevy truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you very much guys. I didn't think i would ever get to this point.

Blademan I'm not sure what the tank came out of or what it was used for a friend of mine seen it at his friends and got it for me. I'm going to change the filler neck and do away with the pipe plug type cap.
And yep only one door is suicided the wife didn't want hers done and when i seen your pic with one door done it looked cool to me so she got what she wanted on her side and i got what i wanted on mine lol

Tiny, that's looking great. I really like the spider web bed floor treatment. I'm also at the break down stage on my build.

Thanks guys I started to take it apart today but couldn't bring myself to do yet lol Looks like Monday it will be all over the shop.

dmw56 I've been keeping an eye on your build i really love that gas tank its cool.

BAD@$$ truck Tiny,

Ya know, It really is obvious for me to tell that you have built a racecar or two in your time.

I'm really wanting to get down there somr time soon.
Sorry I missed you on the last trip.

OK, there is just way too many of those trucks setting around on farms to ignore any longer. The guy who gave me the 59 Dodge hemi cabover has a nice straight running 49 GMC 1/2 ton and I think I need to bring it home. I have a 300 Ford six that needs a place to make noise.

The truck is coming right along. It's proof that the AD's can look awsome fenderless. Love the bed & the suicide/non-suicide door idea.

I agree with BruceR&C. Never thought an AD truck could look so good fenderless. Tiny, you have a good eye as well as good hands.

:)Thank you guys. :) FB I'm looking forward to it as well . If you don't make it down this way before i get it on the road i may have to do a small road trip up monkey town way. I have a friend that lives up there and i haven't seen in years.

Thanks again guys for the kind words

I`ve been checking in on this build from time to time and it`s really looking good! The proportions are perfect and I think the work done where the fenders bolted to the cab is what really sets this truck apart from any other fenderless AD I`ve seen.

I`ve been checking in on this build from time to time and it`s really looking good! The proportions are perfect and I think the work done where the fenders bolted to the cab is what really sets this truck apart from any other fenderless AD I`ve seen.

Thank you for the kind words ratty46pickup. :) Where the fenders bolted on was the only reason i didn't want to use that cab i love the love those cabs but i was scared it wasn't going to turn out like i wanted it too. Its hard to find any thing much older around here the salt air has eaten most everything up or the crusher since the price went to $10.00 a hundred not many old or new junk left around here

I got a piece of metal dust in my eye Saturday i walked in front of the fan at the same time the wife was blowing the shop floor off with the air hose. I had to go Monday and get it out. My eye has been messed up all week finally today i took it a part. It took me and her 7 months to get it all together and just 2 1/2 hours to take it a part really hurt my feeling lol

Another great build Tiny1!!! The truck is seriously cool!!! The spider web bed shows a lot of creativity and it looks great! I bet you were glad to turn off the welder after finishing that!

Thunder1

I bet you were glad to turn off the welder after finishing that!

Thunder1

Thank you Thunder1 :) You got that right when i finished that web i told the wife it was the last one i was going to do for a long time.:)

I managed to get a little done in the past few weeks. The color wasn't what i wanted but i couldn't get the color i wanted buts this one is growing on me.

Attachments

• sep01-06.JPG
    sep01-06.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 103
  • sep11-02.JPG
    sep11-02.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 67
  • sep11-03.JPG
    sep11-03.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 77
  • sep11-08.JPG
    sep11-08.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 90
  • sep11-06.JPG
    sep11-06.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 66
few more pics

Attachments

• sep11-05.JPG
    sep11-05.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 50
  • sep11-10.JPG
    sep11-10.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 71
I think the color looks good Tiny1 and the truck is coming together nicely. I can't wait to see it all back together again. Hope the eye feels better.

Thank you very much guys !:)
The purple was my wifes idea she said it would look good with the green i didn't think i would like it but i tried it anyway it looks a lot better in person. She has been helping me build the truck every hour i have out there working she is right beside me sweating and working on it as well. So i couldn't tell her no on the purple so i gave it a try and it looks good to me. Its really growing on me. Were just glad we're getting close to going for a ride

Latest posts

Back