New project 49-52 chevy truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One door reversed and one not, i am going to the fridge to get a cold one and drink to that. This is why i love rat rods and the people that build them :D

That was another of my wifes ideas. Well sorta. I seen blademan's truck with one door done the other not finished and thought it looked cool . The Wife doesn't really like the chopped top or suicide doors she likes the original look. So i left her side alone lol other than the chop top she will have to live with that lol

Looking good, tiny. Like the purple & green together. Now to keep the wife from seeing that or I'll be adding purple accents. :D:D
Can't wait to see it back together.

Thanks guys I really appreciate the kind words.
Blademan are you going to make it to crusin the coast ?

BruceR&C i had no idea the purple was going to match. I'm glad my wife
suggested the purple i kind of like it now lol

My old buggy had purple and black and green. So does Grave Digger, it is a good combo.
1flamepaintbuggy.jpg

that was the green i wanted the grave digger green. I'm digging the one i have now more each day I got the cab painted yesterday . Going to start building a motor now

Well I've been busy looks like I'm going to be one week short of making it to crusin the coast. I got the motor & tranny done last week i have it on jack stand now wiring it up. I should be ready for test drive about next Wednesday or so. I'm waiting on some part to come in to finish up the motor.
water pump and set of pulleys and screw in studs for roller rockers

Attachments

• sep30-01.JPG
    sep30-01.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 95
  • sep30-03.JPG
    sep30-03.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 93
  • sep30-08.JPG
    sep30-08.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 65
Been waiting to hear how you were coming along. Too bad you'll miss Cruisin' The Coast. Always next year. Tho, you'll have alot of time to drive it till then.

Thats looking great Tiny!

Don't you just love wiring. I was up iiunder the dash today...ugg. I can't see crap under there anymore. :mad:

Can't wait to see the finished product, but I know it will look good.:D

Thanks guys for the kind words. Its wired and almost ready for that first ride. just a few more things on the to do list.

dmw56 the wiring is the only thing that i didn't do on the truck i had a friend come buy and do it for me wiring confuses me big time, what he did in a day it would have taken me a two weeks to do lol

Well i finished my truck well sorta if your ever really finished with one. I took it out for the first ride and it was less than pleasurable the lower trailing arms i made for the rear end. I used too soft of rubber bushing and the rear end had a wobble or walk in it so i made new lower trailing arms. Every thing worked fine. I drove it a couple days without any muffle It was wicked loud. So i took some 3'' pipe and made some auger like they sell in speedway. It quieten it down enough i could hear i had a loose roller rocker . So i went through the valves again and was on the next to last one and broke a poly lock. I'm waiting on a new set now and wondering what else will go wrong lol.

Oh the reason no pictures the wifes camera took a dump so now were camera shopping as well. But all in all it was worth every minute and every drop of sweat. :) I hope to have some pics this weekend going to first cruise in saturday

Sounds like you are having to chase out some gremlins, but it also sounds like you are already having lots of fun. Looking forward to the pictures, as you remain one of the most fun builders to follow along with on this site.

Sounds Like you got the gremlins well handled. Am looking forward to pictures for the "finished" ride. Maybe a video to see & hear this critter.

Way to go Tiny. You're in the Research and Development stage now. Ther's alway going to be few bugs to work out just the nature of the beast. You'll have it running in tiptop shape in no time no doubt.

I just finished up my wiring today and have been trying get it running for 3 days nows. I'm having carb problems. Damn Rochesters. :mad:

Thank you guys :) Yep I'm working to get them nasty gremlins out. I drove it some today everything seems to fine. Got a couple picks with maw n laws camera today. We're going to a cruise in tomorrow hope to get some better pics there.

Attachments

• MVC-018F.JPG
    MVC-018F.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 109
  • MVC-013F.JPG
    MVC-013F.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 127
  • MVC-027F.JPG
    MVC-027F.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 146
  • MVC-023F.JPG
    MVC-023F.JPG