new project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a fun place to be at. Before you know it, you'll be driving it and then trying to think up more stuff that you can do just to be able to go work more:)

gas tank

I got a bit more of the floor made and my gas tank in. I made the panel over the rearend hinged so I could get to the four link and air bags easier. I was a serious fight to get the sheet metal made and in, just one of those days I guess. I also got my shifter in and a water temp and oil pressure gauge in. better safe than sorry.

Attachments

• unnamed-2.jpg
    unnamed-2.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 44
  • unnamed-3.jpg
    unnamed-3.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 48
  • unnamed-4.jpg
    unnamed-4.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 46
  • unnamed-1.jpg
    unnamed-1.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 47
well its been awhile since I've posted any thing, i have been working on the car as much as possible but a few other things have come up. I finally got my dodge a100 back from getting painted, so i have been putting that thing back together, and it was in need of new brakes so now thats all wrapped up back to the rat. I got my front and back glass cut and installed and did an alignment best I could. Also made a radiator over flow tank and finished the floors. Getting close to the end. Im towing this thing over to a friends house on wednesday to have him wire it. Im hoping to have everything done so i can drive it home from his house. More pics to come.

Attachments

• unnamed-1.jpg
    unnamed-1.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 39
  • unnamed-2.jpg
    unnamed-2.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 36
  • unnamed-3.jpg
    unnamed-3.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 33
  • unnamed-4.jpg
    unnamed-4.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 31
  • unnamed-5.jpg
    unnamed-5.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 32
  • unnamed-6.jpg
    unnamed-6.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 33
Coming along real nicely, what did you build your gas tank out of? [P

The gas tank came from speedway. It's 11 gallons and was $150. I was going to build one out of a pony keg that I have laying around but it's only 5 gallons and I figured I probably didn't want to have to stop to get gas every time I drive this thing.

Man, you're getting close! When I get to that stage, I get all antsy to get it done and end up spending every spare minute working on it!

few more pics of the car.

Attachments

• unnamed-6.jpg
    unnamed-6.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 44
  • unnamed-5.jpg
    unnamed-5.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 43
  • unnamed-4.jpg
    unnamed-4.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 42
  • unnamed-7.jpg
    unnamed-7.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 39
car left yesterday to my friends house to get wired. hopefully driving it home soon. We took our family picture in front of the rat and my dads model a, all the kids and two grand kids. New ones only a month old[cl

Attachments

• unnamed-1.jpg
    unnamed-1.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 55
  • unnamed-2.jpg
    unnamed-2.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 48
  • unnamed-3.jpg
    unnamed-3.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 49
  • unnamed-8.jpg
    unnamed-8.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 63
Lookin real good! Just out of curiosity, how come you didn't wire it yourself?
I have a good friend who is a wiz with that stuff and I'm not. I am going to help him out with it and hopefully learn a few things along the way. Maybe I'll be ready to do the next one on my own.

good day

todays a good day. picked up my plates and registration for the car.[cl[cl[cl

Attachments

• unnamed-4.jpg
    unnamed-4.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 9
cars wired and on the road

Well the car is wired. I drove it home from my friends two days ago, about a 5 mile trip with out any issues. I've put about 10 or 15 miles on it so far. mostly just driving around then neighborhood. no freeway miles yet but its coming. only problem I've found so far is I have a slow leak in the air bag system. compressors kicking on every 5 minutes or so. I'll post a video when I get a chance

Attachments

• unnamed-1.jpg
    unnamed-1.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 25
  • unnamed-3.jpg
    unnamed-3.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 24
  • unnamed-2.jpg
    unnamed-2.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 24
  • unnamed-4.jpg
    unnamed-4.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 26
  • unnamed-5.jpg
    unnamed-5.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 24
  • unnamed-6.jpg
    unnamed-6.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 27
  • unnamed-7.jpg
    unnamed-7.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 30
Looking good [cl

I had a leak problem also, last thing i checked was the gauges, as pickle says "it's the first place or the last place you look":cool:

Latest posts

Back