new winter project ideas...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what winter project?

• Total voters

jfg455

The Hot Rod Cop
I know, like I don't have 3 other irons in the fire already! Since my 50 GMC has to be done for Bonneville tbis year and the datsun is almost ready for wiring and plumbing I was trying to line up my winter fab project. I can do one of 3 (have oarts to start any if them) 1: 35 ford pick up, chopped, full fendered, tube frame with C5 vette running gear. 2: 35 ford pick up turned roadster speedster stack injected cad northstar no bed just rear and tank hanging out with 32 frame rails and dropped I beam. 3: 29 Essex coupe, heavy chop, channel, bbc severe motor set back 60's drag style / altered with pie crusts and zoomies. Vote now! Win nothing!

A sensible and prudent man would finish what he already started.

Are you sensible and prudent?

You don't have to answer that.:D

Essex - 427 - stack injected. :D

It would be a 396...

There....no charge......how the heck do you find the time????

Lol No worries Sarge, I never have enough time for all my ideas...

we all should have your'e problems:eek:

Later :cool:

Oh I do have real problems, other than A.D.D....

MY VOTE IS THE ESSEX, AND PLENTY OF PHOTO ENTERTAINMENT... [cl

Yea some reason I do like the rusty old girl...

A sensible and prudent man would finish what he already started.

Are you sensible and prudent?

You don't have to answer that.:D

Umm...No? And thats why I fit in here![cl

Seems this rusty ole girl is leading the pack. Sheesh! You guys just want to tax my limited sheet metal skills don't you![;);)

what's the deal with that?? Customer??

used to be mine traded it for a th400 with trans brake to a friend he traded it to another friend that I owed money to so now it is back in my yard for motor mounts, radiator mounts, tunnel and finish the cage. *gasp* :D

Just curious cause man....you sure have a ton goin on.... I'm envious....:D

Ugh no it is FT. 8 hour shifts to boot so it is 5 days a week. Only me and the chief so I am always in court or headed to the lab on my time off. PT in the town next door and I do mechanical repairs / metal fab on the side to pay for the shop stuff. But the wife and kids are gone during the day. I work 4-12 midnight so I usually get a good chunk of time in the middle of the day to knock stuff out. Mostly just a workaholic!:D

The patrol does 10 hours here....

Gives them 3 days off but command is 8hr 5days......since command is me and the Chief....I field calls at home if anything goes down after I leave at 11or on the weekends....then if the Chief needs to be notified....I call him...our DB is 5day 8hrs too....but we've trained all the officers as ET's so no call in needed there.....just me..:D Also helps to live about 3 minutes from the department.....
Guess I'm just getting slower in my old age...lol Just don't burn yourself out....

I jumped in with the majority and voted for the Essex. Jeez, I'm kinda embarrassed by how little I've done lately after hearing about all the projects and things you guys have going on...

Latest posts

Back