Noob in Western Maryland

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

valiantone

Hey All,

I found this board somewhat by accident but I am glad I did. I've been loking over the Builds forum for about 3 days now. Wow! There is some SERIOUS talent around here!!

I don't have a Ratty, but have always wanted to build something around a Chrysler slant six. I do have a couple of Chrysler A bodies (hence the username Valiantone) and a later B body.

Sorry I can't contribute very much but I will be reading and taking a lot of notes!

Cheers,

Chris

thanks for the warm welcome! As for the fleet, I am a mopar guy BUT I like a little bit of everything! Some of the cars I have seen the board members build are just unbelieveable!!! Well.......

This is "valiantone" :)

68val072comp.jpg

This is my only current "rat rod" and I use that term lightly!

67dart1.JPG

67slantcomp2.JPG

She is sporting a 4spd manual overdrive trans, and a hopped up six with a 500cfm 4bbl carter, and a mopar purple shaft cam. Right now she beats the Valiant with it's stock 273 [ddev

But I am gearing up for a 400 Low Deck swap into the Valiant this spring. I have been collecting my parts for 3 years now (yep I'm a PO boy!) and I intend to have that big block roasting the tires off her by summertime!

Well, it looks like I have about another month of reading to do here at RRR! Again thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

CE

Welcome!!!

VT,
Welcome to the gang... I love old slanters & have a couple myself for projects to be determined at some date far, far in the future!!! :D Make u're self @ home & feel free 2 join rat in!!! :D:D:D

BoB

Heck, I like the Dart. 67? Red primer, some black scallops, beauty trim rings, and a little lower, call it done and drive it.

Sounds like that innocent little Valiant is gonna cook!

Latest posts

Back