prayer request-trouble on the home front

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HRP I do not know you. BUT by Example is such a good way to lead. just my .02

now that preaches to me... and hit me hard, you are right, and once again thanks guys for the prayers...

quick update while i have a minute....
still looking for her a place, and we are still talking to each other - but the time apart is what she is determined we need- whether we get back together is still undecided...
as far as church is concerned, this is possibly the most difficult "pastoral situation" i have ever been in!:confused: trying to display christian character to my wife and church thru this and trying to lead this congregation to do the same-whew!
i tell ya, right now preaching/pastoring is not as "fun" as it once was[S:rolleyes:

quick update while i have a minute....
still looking for her a place, and we are still talking to each other - but the time apart is what she is determined we need-

I'm glad to see ur talking! Try to understand,learn from it and do what you know is best for all ??? GOOD LUCK, HRP

That must be a very tough spot for you to be in, Preacher. You are supposed to be the leader of your flock and have this perfect life to hold up as an example, and yet that is not the reality of life sometimes. You may have found a higher calling, but beneath it all you are still a human being with all the trials and tribulations all of us face. But I think this "test" the Lord is giving you may have some deeper purpose that you haven't seen yet. It is a perfect opportunity for the people in your church to come to know you as a man and realize you do face the same obstacles as the rest of us.

I think people gain respect for a person who comes right out and says "Yes, I have this issue going on in my life and I am going to deal with it in the best way I know how and so that everyone involved is not hurt more than need be." From what we have always known about you on this forum, you are a good man, a strong man, and a compassionate man. Those values will not change because your home circumstances did.

Don

another small update... resigned my position last night as pastor, will be preaching my last sermon on Father's day... i told them as a pastor i was to help solve their problems, yet i had become part of a problem and as such could not lead them "unbiased"

they are a good bunch of folks and i hated that my family problems caused them such trouble, but now maybe all of us can move on...
i am now residing in a basement bedroom under my brother & sis n law's house, temporarily (i hope) and planning on working on cars in my shop til i figure out where to go to start all over...

the kids are doing good, i got to keep them from wednesday night til saturday afternoon & they wanted to come back with me last night so i loaded 'em up and will continue to show them i love 'em

sorry i havent been around much, but .....well you know:rolleyes::eek:

I know you know this but sometimes we need a reminder: James 1:2-4
2. My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temtations; 3. Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. 4. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
This helps me when I need help. We don't know why these things happen, but God is in control. In the end, to God be the glory. Still praying for you brother.

Well, on the bright side, you're better prepared for a tornado. :rolleyes: (knock on wood!)

You'll be back on top before you know it Preacher.

Good to hear your doing alittle better HRP. I still gotta little prayer going out your way every morning.

You know best, Preacher, but I think you made a mistake resigning. If anything you are in a better position to lead your congregation because a man has to experience some of life's troubles to be able to know what another man is going through. It would be like a mechanic trying to diagnose a car problem if he had never personally seen it himself...........to put it in terms we car guys would understand.

You may not see it right now but this experience will make you a better, stronger person. Yeah, it is not pleasant moving out of a home you were comfortable in and moving into the basement apartment, but you will rise out of there and find a newer happier life. My Son's and I were just talking about this the other night.....why is it that WE MEN always have to get out of the home and they get to stay ? A good friend is going through it right now and she is FORBIDDING him to come to the house ! :confused:

Rethink that resignation thing, Preacher. Your calling has nothing to do with your marriage, being separated should have no effect on your ability to give good guidance to your flock. If anything it will make you more able to relate and set yourself up as a good example of how we can get through any storm and still come out strong. Personally, I would prefer to have a Preacher who had some real life experience rather than one who was talking about subjects he only assumed.

Don

so I wanted to update this thread even though it was WAY back in the forgotten corner of my mind. I just re-read it and was once again overwhelmed by the prayers, support and advice of all those who were involved in that dark chapter of my family life. To give a full update you must read a lot. :eek:

1. The ex got remarried soon after the divorce was final, it lasted about 18 months and she caught him as a cheater... 3 random internet hook ups... rumor has it that it was men he was meeting:eek: She had guy #3 moved in before divorce 2 was ever finalized, but has since got all that worked out, and is on husband 3 now. I feel for the poor guy sometimes, because he seems nice enough, and my kids like him. they now live about 1-/2 hours from me and I get to see my kids regularly... it has been long enough now that drama for the most part is done and I only contact her or she me when it is kid related- it stays civil.

2. For me, I found a wonderful godly woman who after much prayer and dating decided to let me sweep her off her feet. We have a wonderful life together, she has good kids and all our kids get along fine. I have been allowed to pastor again and I have been doing so for about 18 months now. The new church family loves us and has accepted our past as past and lets us be us. My wife, Kathy, and I are the same age, have the same morals and values, and work very well together- in our home and in our church. God did have a plan, though I couldn't see it at the time, and I must give Him the credit for making the best out of a bad situation! I am amazed at how good things can be sometimes... life-all of life- is "easier"

so there you have it, the last 3-4 years of my life summed up![P

*disclaimer: Just because I survived a divorce, in no way, form, or fashion do I promote divorce...
BUT, if you are going through a divorce, know that things can get better. Just as these guys on here told me, years ago...;)

Quote hotrod preacher: Life-all of life- is "easier"

Good for you preacher! Life is too short not to be that way...

So glad to have you back Preacher. Divorce sucks, no other way to say it than that. I don't wish that on anyone.
I am also very glad you're happy. Like smallfoot said, life is too short.

Latest posts

Back