Projec t BRAINsTORM From Finland

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm lovin' it. I dig the body rake, I have been thinking about that for the Olds I have too, your's confirms my thought that it will look COOL!:D

Very cool start how far you got that thing channelled? Looks like a lot in the pics.

yeah i channeled very much of and i tell later more.
This project wait one moment because i workking my jeep fsj chief cherokee project now and i paint jeep next week and then its ready i work with this RAT project

and thanks everyone compliments [;)

plan to body [;)
img2492027.jpg

yeehaa [cl i buy it 6v71 Detroit Blower and i waiting now Rebuild Conversion kit and front cover to usa.
I need to make y-block intake manifold to 6v71 blower
i draw "autocad" intake plates and my friend burn those to laser
and i latheing a snout too

img2531220.jpg

img2531221.jpg

img2531222.jpg

img2531223.jpg

Ineed calculate compression ratio to this 292-y and what Blower drive ratio is good to standart 292:-y

Block identification number generally on side of block above oil filter for blocks cast at Cleveland. Dearborn block I.D. number near distributor and above generator. Most Dearborn blocks used in trucks. No Dearborn blocks after 1957. There were no special truck blocks. Heavy duty trucks with steel cranks used C1AE or C2AE car blocks. Nearly all Dearborn blocks after 1954 were 272's. Most 292 and 312 blocks are from the Cleveland foundry

and mine is "c2ae" and motor is old fire truck motor Ford F600
Heavy duty trucks with steel cranks used C1AE or C2AE car blocks.

http://ford-y-block.com/dimensions.htm

and head is this "c1ae" and original carpuretor is 4bbl this is weird combination to HD truck?
YEAR 61-62 CASTING # C1AE Cu.In.292 Int. valve 1.64" *C.R. 8.8 CC’s
72cc H.P.?

BLOCK CASTING NUMBER:

312's can have the following block casting numbers ECZ-6015A, ECZ-6015B, ECZ-6015C,EDB-6015E, B9AE-6015F. Of these ECZ-6015A and ECZ-6015C are by far the most common 312's and are likely to be a 312. Some 312 replacement blocks were C2AE-6015C

and What the F...this mean? =D number C2AE-6015C ^^^bossible 312

http://ford-y-block.com/Block identification.htm

*Compression ratios listed are from Ford literature and are theoretic figures that exclude deck volume and head gasket displacement. Most published compression ratios are approximately 9% higher than actual.

When engines are rebuilt with composition head gaskets deduct about 12% for actual compression.

Do to the thinness of the deck surface of some Y-Block heads, particularly the ECZ-G heads, it is recommended that unposted heads not be milled more than .025". Posted heads have been milled up to .045" without trouble.

Heads with large "S" in between center exhaust valves are service replacement heads as date codes are after production run.

Last edited:
project had a little "ice", but now I'm inspired to go on a project [cl
(yesterday) the body must be set to the frame and i cutting of tailgate and blew tires on rim with gas :D because the tires are really narrow vs. rims
and bolt on wheels to my ratrod
next in line to the welding session,reformulate the rear end of a spheroidal and and make some lowers
i lost my previous pictures to Linksite ,because linksite closed DAMN.

couple of pictures

Latest posts

Back