Rat Rodder down for a while

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man, so sorry to hear you aren't feeling well again. :( Please keep a positive attitude, all the places that agressively treat cancers stress the importance of having your mind help in the healing process.

We are praying for you, and thanks for keeping us posted.

Don

I finally got out of the hospital today. Only 22 days this time. I do have to go back everyday for some time. I have to not get any kind of sick or they will put me right back. Please pray this stuff will stay gone. I will get another marrow biopsy in a week or two. After that, if it's clear, we may be back on for transplant. I should find out more tomorrow. Thanks for all the prayers and support. May the Lord bless you all.

Somehow I missed all the updates... argh, I read all the new posts too, not sure why I missed this, but I will keep positive thoughts headed your way...

Only Positive thoughts and prayers buddy....

If we can't be there in body, we are with ya in spirit....hang tough.....

It's me again. Still hanging in but it gets harder and harder. We kept waiting for my red blood and platelets to recover to get the biopsy. The white blood started coming up and the others started getting less. He went ahead with a biopsy and it confirmed that its still in there eating the numbers that were trying to recover. I have to go back in Monday and start over again. I got the weekend off to be with my family. Don't know how much more I can take or how much more they will be allowed to give. This time I reckon it's 3 different mixtures that are off the shelf. I know many of you do but, please keep me and my family in your prayers.

It's me again. Been busy lately with out patient stuff. I finally got a clear enough bone marrow to get the transplant process started. Starting this Wednesday through yesterday, I high 6 fractions of total body irradiation, head to toe. It was suppose to be really tough but, no effects yet. Other than 5am to 10 pm going all week everyday that seems to have been my only fatigue. No pukes or sores yet. I was admitted in the hospital this morning at 7:30 to start my latest chemo. It will be the least amount in time and size that I have taken but, must be the strongest yet. It's only for 2 hours today and 2 hours tomorrow. My sister has been here since Wednesday getting boost up shots for her to give. They will harvest Monday from her. I get a day of rest on Monday then, they will transplant me on Tuesday. They say this dose of chemo is so strong, that without her donation, I would not recover this time. There is a 20% chance that her donation can kill me. The doctor also told me that due to the aggressiveness of my cancer, even after transplant, this will only be a 30% chance of cure. Numbers sure have went crazy since I first found this stuff out.

Even with the slim chances and all that I will have to face, I feel good about this. It has been a long road but seems like its all lining up real good now. I'm so afraid to brag as I have been knocked down a few times but, I still know who controls the final numbers and I know either way, I'm gonna be OK.

Thanks for the prayers and please keep em up!

Latest posts

Back