Rat Rodder down for a while

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thinking about you a lot. Your strength and positive attitude are a wonder and a lesson for us all.

Don't know how I missed your last post but I think about you often and continue to pray for you and your sister and all involved. It's an inspiration to us all to see you keeping the faith. Hang in there. :)

It's day 8 after transplant. Didn't know if I'd ever make it to day 1. All has went as planned and I have good minutes and bad minutes. From the radiation and chemo days before transplant, as well as day 1,3,6,11 chemo after transplant, my G.I. track is fried at the moment. Only one left. I have not eat in 4 days. Not because I feel puekish or don't crave it, It just won't stick and now I can't swallow. They just feed me through I.V.. They say it will probly even get worse before it gets better. Hopefully a few days after the day 11 chemo, the marrow cells I got from my sister will make my blood count start to rise and the healing begin. So thankful for her. This one has been the hardest round yet. I had a good day today other than a severe reaction to the platelets they gave. I was able to get an engine and wheels assembled and detail painted on a model truck I'm building. I also have a 55 Nomad as the next one. Nothing on T.V. that I'm much interested in. I can't take more than an hour of Internet for lack of interest. I suppose the nurses think I'm crazy for playing with toys. I do read my Bible as much as possible too. Thanks guys for the site that heps as well.

Good to hear from you brother.
I'm glad the hear you're strong enough to even want to "play" with anything.
If I was anywhere close to Tenn. I'd come to see your model and tell you a little secret about boys and their toys. We just can't be without them to some degree or another.

Stay strong, keep the faith, and remember God loves you.
Sometimes that all I have to lean on.
You and yours are in our prayers.

You stay focused and strong....

Romans 15:13
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Still in my families prayers.....

Be tough.

Yep.....we are thinking about you and keeping you in our prayers, too. I think it is cool that you are building a model. Keep it up and you'll be back on the big ones soon! Good luck and blessings, brother.

Lynn

Yep.....we are thinking about you and keeping you in our prayers, too. I think it is cool that you are building a model. Keep it up and you'll be back on the big ones soon! Good luck and blessings, brother.

Lynn

I think it's cool that it's a 56 FORD F-100. Sad thing, I was trying to figure out a way to get some rust and patina on it.

What they didn't have a 55?

Done a 55 last month in the hospital. I got 55 nomad to start next. I found a 4 door belair on line. You simply order the body from them and buy a donar car for the rest. It would cost close to 70 bucks. I figure 70 bucks of propane will let me get some drive time when Im better after Christmas. My wife uses the 40% off coupons at the Hobby Lobby for the ones I have now.

Hey Brother,
How you doing today? Thought about you this morning and praying for your recovery. Stay strong!

I've got a real soft spot for '55 Ford 100s. When I got back from Vietnam and came home, I was really in a bad place and really screwed up. Didn't care about anything or anyone really. God sent my wife into my life to straighten me out.
Which she did.

I had nothing of value except my old '55 and ended up selling it so we could get married. Someday I will build another one and I won't sell it.

Keep building the models, it keeps the mind engaged and occupied.

Hey Brother,
How you doing today? Thought about you this morning and praying for your recovery. Stay strong!

Not like I want to be, but better than some. My last three days have been about the same. I have been able to set in a chair and work on model. I have also walked some out in the hall. I get last round of chemo tomorrow. That will be day 11 from transplant. One of the nurses said she usually can see the turn around at day 13. I'm looking for 13. Then I'm looking to get in outpatient. We have an apartment rented across the road that will make that easier. If all goes well, I have to stay close by for 100 day's post transplant.

Thanks all for the thoughts and prayers!

Thoughts and prayers with you from the east!..Hang in there.. I truly believe things will work out great for ya!...CR [cl

Another update

Well, I'm day 15 after transplant. I got out of hospital yesterday. Only 20 days in this time. Was the worse round that I have gone through yet. I done a 3 hour outpatient this morn and will have to go back everyday for a while. My blood counts are returning fast because they are my sisters. As they return, they start making new blood cells that may not recognize me, or parts of me likable. Doc's actually want me to get some rash or some light graph vs host to show that it will fight my cancer. This stuff is so crazy. I found out they want to do at least 3 more chemo's but they should be outpatient. I now have to take nearly 30 pills per day. I think I would feel much better if not for all the meds but, cannot make it without them. I know that it's gonna be better just because so many are pulling for me. Thanks everyone and I'll chime back in a few.

Latest posts

Back