Really, a Comet? Photoshop help plse

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigIrish

I do not know what is wrong with me but I have always liked the 61-63 comets. Why I do not know - I realize they were frumpy secretary's cars back in the day but I still want one. I like the compact-ness and the simplicity. I think it would be a fun family hotrod(ish) car for not alot of money if you dump in a decent SBF.

Could any of you photoshop experts lower one of these a few inches and put some bigger steelies & whitewalls on it please? Or talk me out of it...:D

Attachments

• Comet 1.jpg
    Comet 1.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 29
  • comet 2.JPG
    comet 2.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 29
I'll do ya one better..

I've always loved the old Comets too, but I'm worse than you. I've always wanted a Comet Station Wagon to rod out.. Go figure.. [cl

There are a bunch of Comet lovers on this site, I'm one of them! They were some of the first F/Xer's and Funny car proto types. [cl...CR

Do you guys know if the aftermarket front suspensions parts & disk brake kits for the 64 mustang will bolt on to a 64 comet/falcon? I would think so, given they are the same platform. I know the 61-63's are different enough that most of this stuff won't bolt on without changing out alot of other parts.

If so, I'd be looking for a 64 or later. I want it in the weeds with good brakes!

There's one like that done as a gasser around here it's very cool. I'm pretty sure early mustang parts are the same. I've got a 66 comet that uses most of the same front end parts.

I do not know what is wrong with me but I have always liked the 61-63 comets. Why I do not know - I realize they were frumpy secretary's cars back in the day but I still want one. I like the compact-ness and the simplicity. I think it would be a fun family hotrod(ish) car for not alot of money if you dump in a decent SBF.

Could any of you photoshop experts lower one of these a few inches and put some bigger steelies & whitewalls on it please? Or talk me out of it...:D

quickie

Attachments

• comet 2b1.JPG
    comet 2b1.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 23
Comets

Throw a set of Magnum 500 wheels on it,drop a 289 or 302 and 4-speed top-loader in and they are some quick little cars and with all the mustang interchangable parts,easy to keep going.:cool:

Latest posts

Back