Roadster perspective......

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

22dodge

The other Dodge brother
Here are a couple photos from today.
People in the photos help you realize how small this car is.
My daughter Julie and friend Angie.
My grandson KC (5'-0" tall) and myself. '22

Attachments

• perspective2.jpg
    perspective2.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 106
  • perspective1.jpg
    perspective1.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 111
Yeah, I know. When your body is lower than your back tires thats low, and the first time I pushed mine outside it looked downright tiny. Don't you just love it when something like a F350 Ford truck is tailgating you. :eek::mad:

Don

Nice photos, I like the size of the car, almost a sportsrat or ratsports. Handles great I would guess. I think Onequick26's car isn't any larger. Thanks for the post.

Don't you just love it when something like a F350 Ford truck is tailgating you. :eek::mad:
Don

Yeah, I think what scares me the most is some gal in her lifted, huge tire SUV, busy with the old cell phone, rolling right over us..... :eek::( '22

Hey 22. You could probably take the windshield off, flip the car over, and drive it upside down. I bet if you had one of those rear tires leaning against the wall and you told someone that your car was no taller than that tire, they would never believe it.

The car really does look awesome.

I really like the car, I think that it is just right. Looks like it would be a gas to drive on a sunny day, thru the hills. Good work.

Pablo

Seeing your car makes me want to build one of these sooooo bad... I love how low it sits? I know this has been asked by someone but I will ask anyway... What is the front axle and is it dropped? Next what is the kickup in the rear? I know you frame isn't Z'd in the front so how is it so low? It's awsome!

Seeing your car makes me want to build one of these sooooo bad... I love how low it sits? I know this has been asked by someone but I will ask anyway... What is the front axle and is it dropped? Next what is the kickup in the rear? I know you frame isn't Z'd in the front so how is it so low? It's awsome!

Hi rab71.
The front axle is an old DAGO drop axle (heated and dropped stock Ford) of 4" I believe (could be 5").
The front spring mounts to the radius rods, which drops things alot, I am guessing maybe 6" to 8"
or more over stock spring location.
The frame is kicked 10" in the rear (top of lower rail to top of upper rail.)
And the body is channeled 5" over the frame.
The rear is a 48 Ford, so the spring mounts are even with the rear axle, not on top of it like earlier ones.
That pretty much gets her down there.
Windshield is 6" high at the center.
That's all I can think of at the moment. '22

Attachments

• channel.jpg
    channel.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 18
  • frame.jpg
    frame.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 20
Thanks Guys.........

Thanks for all the positive comments, they are appreciated.:D '22

22, I love your car and I have a question, how tall are the rear tires? I am getting VW 165R15s for the front of my 33 this week and the rears on your car are EXACTLY what I am looking for as in highth wise. I have 235/75/15s on it now for a roller and they are taller than the bed but they are just rollers.

Jim

22, I love your car and I have a question, how tall are the rear tires? I am getting VW 165R15s for the front of my 33 this week and the rears on your car are EXACTLY what I am looking for as in highth wise. I have 235/75/15s on it now for a roller and they are taller than the bed but they are just rollers.

Jim

Hi Jim, they are 31 inches tall. Coker (Firestone) 8.90 x 16 dirt track tires.
Coker also makes a bias ply tire with standard tread just as high, not quite as wide, but 1/3 the cost.
See the photo. '22

Attachments

• 16 inch tires.jpg
    16 inch tires.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 5

Latest posts

Back