RoddingRon Were looking for one.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOT40ROD

62 Buick 215 aluminum V8 - $300 (Phillipsburg NJ)
Date: 2010-12-15, 10:01PM EST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

This is a high-compression, Buick 215 aluminum V8... popular as a hot rod motor or to swap into an mgb. I have the entire motor, apart for inspection and ready for easy rebuild. Includes 4-bbl intake. $300 firm.

Also have a 1962 Buick Special station wagon with same motor - in running (but not driving) condition. $1500 for quick sale.

Thank you... As soon as I saw this I sent a message. gonna try to get over on Sunday if the person is available.

Is this a great forum or what? I mentiond how long ago about looking for parts for one of these motors, and look at what happens...an entire motor shows up and I find out about it here first!

Thanks again Hot40Rod

I just got back from NJ and picking up the motor. It's all there except the starter, He said he has one, and will let me know when he finds it. While I was there, we talked a little while...nice guy. I told him if he wanted to make some room in his garage, I'd gladly take the 27 T coupe off his hands (pretty much just a bare body sitting on a rolling frame)...I said, I just bought the perfect motor from him for the car. :D He still has two 49-50 Fords sitting there that he's working on...one a gasser and the other a lowered cruiser.

Just before I left I asked (kind of sacastically) if he was gonna take the old Honda sitting there out for a ride (remember all you southern guys... we're cold and snowy up here). He said it's a shame for the bike, and if I wanted it, I could have it.....ahhh, OK. Here he was serious....it's an 82 Honda 650 with a little over 10K, miles on it, and it runs...the worst part is the seat is tore up and a little bit of surface rust starting on some of the chrome. His brother has the paperwork, but he's getting it from him and said if I wanted the bike to get back down and get it, so....I'll be heading back to pick it up in the next week or so. Then I just have to start working on him for that model T :D

Nice score.
Funny thing about bikers, I see way more of them up here than I ever did when I lived down south. If we get a 50-60 degree day in the winter you will see the Harleys out. Not so much the crotch rockets though. That Honda would make a killer bobber if it is a twin.

glad you got the motor. Is the Honda a twin or a 4 cylinder. We will need to see pictures and your plan.

Like I said in another post (about a yellow continental kit Miata) I didn't have my camera with me today. I will take it when I go back for the bike (an in line 4). I'm probably only going to clean up the bike and ride it for a while (when it warms up some) before it ends up on here for sale.

As far as the motor, I'm going to drop it off at the machine shop Monday to get everything internal cleaned up (and probably have him assemble the bottom end)...I'll get some pics of the motor before and after its transfomation.

OK so heres the problem....If I don't talk him out of the T (which might be pretty tough the way he was talking), what do I do with an aluminum V8 Nailhead? Lets see....I have a 30's something front frame section I got from Fuzz. I have an old Ford axle I got from Blue Eyed Devil and I have the split bones I got from DMW56...guess I gotta start looking for an old truck cab or coupe body....BUT first things first, I gotta get the Trans Am motor, trans and rear end in the Studebaker (and rewire it with the new wiring kit I got). Then I still have the 56 two door wagon, and I have that Corvette suspension I got from JFG455 that I want to put under a 63 Nova and I still have that 40 Ford tudor sedan in my storage unit.......ok I guess I have to live another 30-40 years so I can get it all done....maybe

Last edited:
Ron your starting to sound like me. Sold one this year and bought three. Sold the 40 Ford sedan. Bought a 58 Rambler American, 1936 Ford pickup and a 1971 CB 77 (350). The only one running is the rambler. If I remember right I was thinning stuff out this year.

Ron your starting to sound like me. Sold one this year and bought three. Sold the 40 Ford sedan. Bought a 58 Rambler American, 1936 Ford pickup and a 1971 CB 77 (350). The only one running is the rambler. If I remember right I was thinning stuff out this year.

2 years ago I was going to finish the Studebaker, build the 47 Stude truck I had started and get around to building the 40 Tudor somewhere down the road...then Big Shem conviced me to trade the truck for his 56 wagon...then JFG455 put the Corvette suspension on here, and then it was on....I guess I just can't help myself. I admit it, I have a short attention span, and need all the different projects so I can bounce from one to another when I lose interest in one...I can jump on another one and then come back to the first one when my brain says it's time:confused: I guess I know why my ex didn't stay my wife. That's it!!!! I need a woman with multiple personalities to go along with all the different project cars...there has to be a combination there somewhere that will work:D

I used to have pix of a couple of Brit trikes with Rover v8s which are the same as yours. They were compact and well proportioned like little 3 wheel hot rods. I've got a 650 honda on the back porch with the tank over the motor removed and a small tank under the seat so the motor is open and visible. I would like to replace the missing carbs with a simple single fuel injection unit if possible. You have some interesting projects RR. :cool:

2 years ago I was going to finish the Studebaker, build the 47 Stude truck I had started and get around to building the 40 Tudor somewhere down the road...then Big Shem conviced me to trade the truck for his 56 wagon...then JFG455 put the Corvette suspension on here, and then it was on....I guess I just can't help myself. I admit it, I have a short attention span, and need all the different projects so I can bounce from one to another when I lose interest in one...I can jump on another one and then come back to the first one when my brain says it's time:confused: I guess I know why my ex didn't stay my wife. That's it!!!! I need a woman with multiple personalities to go along with all the different project cars...there has to be a combination there somewhere that will work:D

My wife thinks I am nuts. I have multiple projects and just do not ever get any of them done, then I am always looking at other projects on Craigslist and other web sites. She thinks I should get rid of some of them, I say NO WAY! What can I say, I am addicted!
I have (1) 55 F100, runs and drives, needs interior completed
(2) 56 Dodge pick up, project in process
(3) 50 International pick up, project in process
(4) 40 Ford Tudor, project in process, future summer daily driver
(5) 29 Model A 2dr sedan body
(6) 88 Chev crew cab 4X4, winter daily driver
(7) 98 Grand Prix GT, summer daily driver
plus other a couple old Chevy 4X4 trucks, chassis, engine, trans, etc...
Maybe she is right, I am NUTS :rolleyes: Yeah what the heck, its all fun [dr

Latest posts

Back