SBC & auto in a 53-56 F100 Help?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuckp

I'm going to put a sbc in my 53 F100,mainly cause was cheap {$200 for 66K motor & tranny} the truck will have it's stock frame,
who's done it? [;)
picture please. I'm not here to argue on the Chevy in a Ford thing! [P
when i start my build i will post pictures for later reference for folks doing the same.--chuck

I did it!

Yeah...I'm guilty. I put a Chevy in a Ford. 75 Chevy 350/350 with a 9" rear from a 78 F150. I bought the engine and trans crossmembers from MidFifty and they fit great. They put the engine and trans in the right place....50 bucks each. I got the serpentine belt system from an 88-89 Camaro with a 5.0 HO. It is very lightweight aluminum brackets and it works great![cl

This has been my daily driver for over 6 years. It has a 3" dropped axle, a Toyota 4WD truck power steering box, 77 F150 front disc brakes, 91 Jeep Cherokee master cyl., booster, swinging pedal and proportioning valve. And it's lowered about 6 inches.:D

If I can provide any more info, pm me.

I could not get the photos to load but you can see them on Photobucket @

http://s945.beta.photobucket.com/us...library/?&_suid=13631112761600861792903196367

Lynn

Shakey56~Thank you sir! i had planned on doing the Toy steering swap also.
{I think those X-members are the same that i looked at.}

Tack it!!!

The only problem I've had with the box is that it kept working loose. So....I very lightly tacked the nuts on the mounting bolts. It gets a lot of stress. I also made a heat shield to keep it from getting so much heat from the exhaust manifold. It is very close. I also run a cooler on my fluid.

If you are gonna run a dropped axle, you have to get the shortest shock you can AND you have to put extended shock mount towers, also sold by MidFifty.
If you don't, you will experience terrible bump steer. Trust me.....the voice of experience!:D

Lynn

Latest posts

Back