Sheets & Giggles

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wasn't able to take a video but the car has finally moved under it's own power, has no fuel, water or oil leaks, idles properly at 1200 rpm with a working tachometer and I've added a manual shift button if the rpm switch fails to fire the shifter solenoid. I am putting the car on an alignment machine tomorrow to make sure it will be tracking correctly and then all that remains will be a trip to the track next weekend for a few test runs. I'll try to get some video then and post for anyone interested.

Attachments

• IMG_1061.jpg
    IMG_1061.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 27
Good things come in small packages. Good luck at the track. Do you have a procedure for checking out the handling of a new car?

Good things come in small packages. Good luck at the track. Do you have a procedure for checking out the handling of a new car?

Not really Bob. I take it real easy for the first couple of passes and then, assuming nothing big fell off, I try for a hard half and then full pass.

Weather permitting I will be making the first runs with the car tomorrow. Hopefully all will go well. The plan is to take it easy and not break anything. Might not use the trans brake at all.

Have I ever mentioned how much I enjoy putting the diaper on this thing. NOT!!! But I'll be glad I did if this thing decides to put out a rod or two.

Attachments

• IMG_1222.jpg
    IMG_1222.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1221.jpg
    IMG_1221.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 25
Weather permitting I will be making the first runs with the car tomorrow. Hopefully all will go well. The plan is to take it easy and not break anything. Might not use the trans brake at all.

Have I ever mentioned how much I enjoy putting the diaper on this thing. NOT!!! But I'll be glad I did if this thing decides to put out a rod or two.

I thought you were gonna take it easy....[ddd[cl

4 runs and a happy camper. Had some minor teething troubles but managed to get everything sorted out. Tried to use the transbrake on the third run but it shifted to high right at the hit .. the rest of the runs are from idle. A little bit of tuning and I think we'll see some low 8's if I can get it to launch with the transbrake.

Attachments

• IMG_1223.jpg
    IMG_1223.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1224.jpg
    IMG_1224.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1225.jpg
    IMG_1225.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1226.jpg
    IMG_1226.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1227.jpg
    IMG_1227.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 38
A huge well done and 2 atta-boys on today's effort. It was great to see it all come together the way it did. To see you run effortless 8.50s and an epic world turning burnout on the last pass was the highlight of my day. Of course my day included getting my ass kicked by Paul and Megan and more issues with the Scout - so it didn't take much for anything to be a highlight...

Awesome my friend - Simply awesome !!

Well done. [cl

Why does it shift to high on the brake? Electrical issue? "Bumping" the shifter through inertia and/or incidental contact? Reverse pattern?

Whatever the case, I can imagine 60' times in the 1.20's when you figger it out...

Well done. [cl

Why does it shift to high on the brake? Electrical issue? "Bumping" the shifter through inertia and/or incidental contact? Reverse pattern?

Whatever the case, I can imagine 60' times in the 1.20's when you figger it out...

Thanks Doc. I'm thinking of two things that may have triggered the early shift. It may have spun the tire enough to trigger the rpm switch that fires the shifter solenoid, or I accidentally bumped the manual shift button on the steering wheel. I didn't feel the tire spin so perhaps the second possibility is more likely. I will repeat the experiment at some time in the future ... perhaps at Meltdown ... and see if I get a different result.

If I can get the sixty into the 1.20's that may take a couple tenths off the et and possibly pick up a couple miles an hour which will give me the low 8's 165 mph performance to match my optimistic prediction for the car.

Latest posts

Back