Sizing Exhaust Pipe

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankr

Need input on sizing the exhaust on my 34 Dodge.
It has an early 392 hemi, stainless steel valves, headers, 2 x 4 barrel Weiand intake with 600cfm Edelbrock carbs, 10.5 to 1 pistons overrsized 0.040, semi wild cam.
I was about to run a dual exhaust at 2 1/2 inch but a few locals told me I should go to 3 inch minimum.
Is 3" pipe too large?
Best mufflers for this?

FrankR
1934 Dodge 392 Hemi

I think 2.5" is just fine. Mufflers? Depends how loud you want it. What are your local laws like? Believe me you will get tired of loud if you drive it any distance. If you have the room some large "Turbo" type mufflers or good.

alot of people like the x pipe or the cross over, i myself don't like the sound it makes, so i run reg dauls. depends on what mufflers you plan to run, if you want something like smittys they come in 2". for street i like 2 1/4", but if i got a high rever i go larger. if you want to make a lot of noise the 2" to 2 1/4" is the way to go, if you want a deep tone the 2 1/2" and bigger. smaller pipes will give you more bottom end, but choke you down at higher r's.

Latest posts

Back