Smallfoot's AA

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is looking a little more "whole"...:cool: Thanks a bunch ya'll! I need to tackle the windshield/visor area next and then move on to the door windows. And a mess of welding and grinding a filling holes...atleast we're keeping the welding and grinding suppliers busy!

Working on the header and some body metal around the windshield. And more filling and grinding...;)

Finally get to use this. My Mom. bless her heart, bought me this for a birthday years ago. Found the paperwork stuffed in the old box too. Thanks Mom!

Last edited:
Thanks snopro! I got busy with the windshield today. Still have some things to add but the main frame is on hinges and fits pretty good.

You guys are way too kind! I'm gonna start out rusty cause it can camoflage my seams....when I paint it, it's gonna look rough. Mebbe a 100 footer...:rolleyes:
Still gotta nail the ends down on the visor, but have some more to do before I can. The way I have it planned, when it goes into place, the visor will drop a few degrees and the corners will be even with the front edges....still remains to be seen! I gotta make a couple of calculations on my wiper motor and some windshield nuts need to be placed. I have in mind laying a strip around the inside edges of the existing framing to work with my weather stripping. That stuff came in 2 days ago at my buds place but I didn't find out till today. Been kinda waitin on that to know where to go with this strip I have planned. Will pick that up in the morning and try to get this done.

Last edited:
Got my order from McMaster-Carr. Bulb seals for the doorways and some glass locking edge grip seal. I cut a couple of short pieces of the latter to use for some sizing. The 2nd pic shows the material thickness I considered. The glass gasket said for 3/16" to 1/4" glass. I laid some 1/4" and some 3/16" on either side of some 1/8" which is the size of the lip around the frame. I'll go with 1/4" windshield glass. It fits nice and snug where the 3/16" was sloppy.
Got the lip welded in place all the way around. Still some filling to do on more welding...

The end result is a 5/16" wide lip around the inside of my frame. Next I'll be cutting out a pattern for my glass on this.

I'm thinking I liked the looks of the frame better before laying this strip on....poopy...we'll see! Can always...blah....redo it[S

Made a regulator with a piece of 1/4" allthread, some 1/4" brass, a chunk of thick walled 1"tube, and a broken Penn reel crank that dates back a ways...

Latest posts

Back