Some updates for my 51 Mercury

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gastrick, car is looking fantastic..

Heres a pic from Garlits museum I took two years ago..Kinda dark along the wall where it was parked though..

Florida_2010046.jpg

The body and chassis have been reunited. The inside is insulated. I didn't take any "before" photos of the engine compartment but a LOT has been cleaned up in there and there's still a way to go. There were lines, hoses, wires, and different color paint all over the engine before. Also got the 3X2 in place, but I'll probably switch to chrome air cleaners before it's finished.

Bonus: After pulling the brackets and such off the front of the engine, I found out it's equipped with World Products aftermarket heads. It runs and sounds healthy, but the previous owner didn't know anything about the engine. He said it was yanked out of a wrecked Camaro and that's all he knew.

As usual, looking great! I like the air cleaners you have now!

Nice score on the heads, always nice to find aftermarket heads when they are an unknown =)

Bottoms up...more parts going back on. Again, nothing fancy under here. Just cleaned up.

Also have rechromed bumpers going on. You can't see it in photos but the bumpers were beat.

More back together. Very close to being roadworthy again.

Most under hood stuff cleaned up, straightened out, and reattached.

Lowered seat installed. Still have to do a little tweaking with that. Also, non-tilt simple column in. Now I can see out of the windows without bending my head over.

Air ride apparatus behind rear seat.

Battery box tucked away

And front sheet metal back on

Bill, I bet your credit card is still smoking from buying all that Dynamat ! :eek: Sure will make it nice and quiet though.

I loved your Merc before but you really cleaned it up a lot with this redo. Did you have the bumpers you had rechromed or did you buy new ones ?

Don

I finally got around to modifying my repop sombrero Cadi caps for use on my Merc wheels. They look nice in person. You couldn't really tell in photos, but my oem caps were beat. I'm moving those to the rear...deep under the skirts :)

Latest posts

Back