Still Making Progress On My T

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys. Yeah, this is my least favorite part of the build too. It is messy, and I hate body work like sanding and grinding.

As for fuel lines and brake lines, I am going to go with stainless from Inline Tube. You make up some trial lines from cheap Autozone ones to get the exact fit, then order the same thing in stainless from them. They do a super job, and the price isn't outrageous.

Tonight I got some more done. It rained, and I couldn't wheel more parts outside to paint, so I got to bolt on all the parts I painted last night. Here are some shots of where I ended up.

Don

Attachments

• t installing parts on frame 005.jpg
    t installing parts on frame 005.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 59
  • t installing parts on frame 008.jpg
    t installing parts on frame 008.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 55
  • t installing parts on frame 011.jpg
    t installing parts on frame 011.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 61
  • t installing parts on frame 010.jpg
    t installing parts on frame 010.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 52
  • t installing parts on frame 013.jpg
    t installing parts on frame 013.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 90
I can also bolt the engine and tranny in now, because I got the motor mounts painted last night, and installed tonight. These are major steps in getting the car done, and I can't wait until it is rolling around on it's own tires.

Don

Attachments

• t installing parts on frame 014.jpg
    t installing parts on frame 014.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 53
WooHoo. It's lookin like a car already Don. All the hard work is coming together. Do you ever sleep?

Thanks guys. My sleep pattern has gotten all goofed up now that I am not working. I used to be at work at about 7:15, but now that I am unemployed I usually don't get to sleep until 2 or 3AM, and sleep in . As I've mentioned, I can only paint parts outside at the shop after about 6PM, when everybody else there leaves for the day, so my workschedule is upside down.

It's going to be hard to get back on schedule when this car is done and I have to go back to work again. :( :(

Don

it's looking good don, i gave up on the chr thread after about 30 pages....:p (i couldn't keep up)

Hehe, I know what you mean. I can't believe it is up over 100 pages now. Covered every subject under the sun pretty much. Been a lot of fun, though.

Got more stuff painted tonight. Front spring is done and so is rear axle. Tomorrow I get to hang the front axle all by itself with maybe no jackstands. :D

Don

Attachments

• t painting rear axle and front spring 007.jpg
    t painting rear axle and front spring 007.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 53
  • t painting rear axle and front spring 009.jpg
    t painting rear axle and front spring 009.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 37
Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate the nice words. There were days where I looked at that color and said to myself "what he h*** was I thinking?", and other days I would love it. Lately I am having more days where I love it, so maybe it will be ok when everything is together. I've always had "safe" colors, like red wheels, etc. (well, my '27 was purple, but even that was pretty traditional) This time I wanted this car to be kinda cartoonish and outside the box a little.

Just hope it doesn't end up looking like Halloween. :eek: :eek: :D

Don

At this stage, if it ever goes down the road that will be enough for me......regardless of color. :D :D Building cars is not quite as much fun as it used to be. That scares me a little, because I always loved it so much. Funny how things change as you get older.

Maybe once I have an actual running, driving rod again it will change that feeling.

Don

That's funny. Bet people loved seeing it like that. :D :D

BTW, love the original Raders on the front.

Don

Don,
They printed it in our local paper! My wife subjected it to that humillation... she said "It actually does have *some* use"!

Also, I really loved the color u're goin' with, it's *very* kool!

BoB

At this stage, if it ever goes down the road that will be enough for me......regardless of color. :D :D Building cars is not quite as much fun as it used to be. That scares me a little, because I always loved it so much. Funny how things change as you get older.

Maybe once I have an actual running, driving rod again it will change that feeling.

Don

Don, I know that feeling. It happens to me sometimes when I've been thrashing hard on a project for months on end. But every time, once the project is on the road, I get renewed and feel good about it again. It seems that shortly after a project is finished, I forget most of the difficult aspects of it and just enjoy the car. Hopefully, it will be the same for you on this one. Then you can start on the truck :D .

Got my newly painted front end installed today. Finally decided I like the colors. Now that it is all together, is looks better to me.

Next I have to order my tie rod (couldn't do it till I had the front end bolted together so I could measure for it.) Sunday I plan to paint the rear spring, wishbones, and some other small parts.

I'm taking tomorrow off. :D My Son Don asked me to go boating with him and some of his friends, so that will be a nice break from sanding and all.

Don

Attachments

• t install painted front end parts 003.jpg
    t install painted front end parts 003.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 43
  • t install painted front end parts 005.jpg
    t install painted front end parts 005.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 45
  • t install painted front end parts 007.jpg
    t install painted front end parts 007.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 33
  • t install painted front end parts 009.jpg