street legal jalopy/vintage fenderless oval race car 1940lSH MOPAR tribute to DAD

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
brakes

today is the long awaited day we MIGHT get the brakes done.[S

makes me wonder about shop ghosts who visits me. we looked for this one front brake line for a month & l walk in, look in the parts bin that has been looked in a dozen times AND the bloody thing is sitting right on top of the pile and no one here has any idea how it got there.

Later :cool:

today is the long awaited day we MIGHT get the brakes done.[S

makes me wonder about shop ghosts who visits me. we looked for this one front brake line for a month & l walk in, look in the parts bin that has been looked in a dozen times AND the bloody thing is sitting right on top of the pile and no one here has any idea how it got there.

Careful some of them gremlins are very friendly.

brake

the brake lines are all ran & tied down with addel clamps, now when my help gets a chance we'll get them bled.

the pads and shoes are in real good shape so that will help with time and budget.

did a lot of measuring and both padded seats will fit.

going slow but going foreward.

work

nothing to exciting today, took a lot of the waves out of the roof with some heat and pounding and got one door bolted on.

Attachments

• DSC02326.jpg
    DSC02326.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC02327.jpg
    DSC02327.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC02328.jpg
    DSC02328.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 38
doors

l measured the doors for length after we modify them to fit in the door jams & they will be 55 inches long. since l am removing about 8O percent of the inner skins they won't weigh very much.

the plan to still have them open suicide style. that will make a large opening for my butt to be able to climb in/out.

that will make a large opening for my butt to be able to climb in/out.

That's a true and correct example of engineering by the seat of your pants!!!! I love it!

Heck I'd even put that on my resume it you ever wanted a job.

Just ribbing you Skull. Are you getting close to getting it on the road?
Hammer on.

don't know

I-R-POPS ''Are you getting close to getting it on the road?''

not sure[S

we keep running into nagging little things like the front sway bar won't work where it is.

l have to make a driveshaft as it is too short now that l put the rearend back in square and got rid of the modified rear springs and put a stock a camaro set in. when it was designed to turn left only the idea is to put the rearend in so it's cocked on a angle to help the car turn left better. when the stock leaf springs are used in that chassis it moved the rearend back a inch & a half so not enough yoke is in the transmission now.

rear firewall, front firewall, floor on passenger side, seats, body work, paint and a dozen other little things are slowing me down, but l will persaviar and maybe get her done in month or so.

defiantly not going as fast as l hoped.

measurements

l posted this in another spot, but no answer so l will try here:confused:

we need to get an idea of how the doors on the street legal race car compare to the stock 2 door sedan mopar ones for reference points.

l looked on the web and no info is coming up, length is the main measurements we need for both side as sometimes one door is longer on one side in some cars, l hope some one here has the answer.

any big mopar 1946-1948 2dr sedan should work.

cool

thanks hansgoudzwaard,

l belong to the site there so l PM'ed them, l hope the guys respond.

today's plan is to work on the doors and body.

frankindoor

one almost done, one to go[;)

these are some looooong doors[S

Attachments

• adoor.jpg
    adoor.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 27
  • adoor1.jpg
    adoor1.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 28