Supreme Court rules in favor of gun rights!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
in my opinion

the people who speak out against anti-gun laws are the "good guys"
would be laws target these good guys - not the folks who are using
guns wrongfully-- sorry, but in my experience, guns are like drugs --
people are going to get their hands on them, have them, and use them
no matter what laws are passed.

the only people that would be losing out are the law abiding citizens..

TJ said it better than I -
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -- Jefferson's "Commonplace Book," 1774-1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764

-- Thomas Jefferson

... Edward Abbey -- if guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military, the hired servants of our rulers. Only the government and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws."
pretty much sums up how I feel about
--- "oh my handguns -- they fell out of our boat last summer -- ... YEAH ! all of them -- isnt that unfortunate?-- but youre more than welcome to go get them."" lmao.

good reason for gun control

this mugger now really thinks theres good reasons gun control:eek:

AN ACTUAL CRAIG'S LIST PERSONALS AD
To the Guy Who Tried to Mug Me in Downtown Savannah night before last.
Date: 2009-05-27, 1 :43 a.m. E.S.T.

I was the guy wearing the black Burberry jacket that you demanded that I hand over, shortly after you pulled the knife on me and my girlfriend, threatening our lives. You also asked for my girlfriend's purse and earrings. I can only hope that you somehow come across this rather important message.

First, I'd like to apologize for your embarrassment; I didn't expect you to actually crap in your pants when I drew my pistol after you took my jacket.. The evening was not that cold, and I was wearing the jacket for a reason.. My girlfriend had just bought me that Kimber Model 1911 .45 ACP pistol for my birthday, and we had picked up a shoulder holster for it that very evening. Obviously you agree that it is a very intimidating weapon when pointed at your head ... isn't it?!

I know it probably wasn't fun walking back to wherever you'd come from with that brown sludge in your pants. I'm sure it was even worse walking bare-footed, since I made you leave your shoes, cell phone, and wallet with me. [That prevented you from calling or running to your buddies to come help mug us again].

After I called your mother or "Momma" as you had her listed in your cell, I explained the entire episode of what you'd done. Then I went and filled up my gas tank as well as those of four other people in the gas station, -- on your credit card. The guy with the big motor home took 150 gallons and was extremely grateful!
I gave your shoes to a homeless guy outside Vinnie Van Go Go's, along with all the cash in your wallet. [That made his day!]

I then threw your wallet into the big pink "pimp mobile" that was parked at the curb .... after I broke the windshield and side window and keyed the entire driver's side of the car.
Later, I called a bunch of phone sex numbers from your cell phone. Ma Bell just now shut down the line, although I only used the phone for a little over a day now, so what 's going on with that? Earlier, I managed to get in two threatening phone calls to the DA's office and one to the FBI, while mentioning President Obama as my possible target.

The FBI guy seemed really intense, and we had a nice long chat (I guess while he traced your number etc.).

;In a way, perhaps I should apologize for not killing you ... but I feel this type of retribution is a far more appropriate punishment for your threatened crime. I wish you well as you try to sort through some of these rather immediate pressing issues, and can only hope that you have the opportunity to reflect upon, and perhaps reconsider, the career path you've chosen to pursue in life.. Remember, next time you might not be so lucky. Have a good day!

Thoughtfully yours,
Alex

Later:cool:

Earthman (Where in AZ Frank?)

Tucson...where having a gun and the car of your liking is legal.

Too bad the NRA people are not into old cars.

They certainly know how "the game" is played.

NRA member here, and 1962 or older ONLY for me. In a accident, GOD forbid, I prefer to have my face surrounded an protected by all a AMERICAN steel dash rather than some chinese blow up in your face sissy pillow. Or should I stop welding galvanized and breathing the fumes ?[S

NEVER, EVER, get too comfortable with these rights or any others, thanks for the links. One of my favorite historical quotes of all time, " You can get a lot more accomplished with a gun and a smile, than with a smile alone ". Al Capone. But then again, he died in prison from syphillis, sorry mom if your reading this.:(

They'd have hell taking guns from people here in Tejas! It's more like who *doesn't* have one or many more!:D:D:D Up until a few years ago peeps here used to carry several rifles in the gun racks of the PU's! Carry permit classes are always full here too!!! :eek:

BoB

They'd have hell taking guns from people here in Tejas! It's more like who *doesn't* have one or many more!:D:D:D Up until a few years ago peeps here used to carry several rifles in the gun racks of the PU's! Carry permit classes are always full here too!!! :eek:

BoB

Tripper, I will never forget when I went for my Concealed Carry in Palm Beach, I'll be 53 in a couple weeks, and I was the youngest cat there. LMAO to this day, like a alzheimer convention for the rich and packing. Funny stuff man. " Here try my 300 grain plus load in my 44 mag, DOH! sorry bout the compound fracture of your spine- couple weeks in traction you'll be fine ".

Hmmmmm, think I'll go against the grain here. Yes, I own a gun, yes, I shoot said gun, but no, I don't care for guns and I don't like shooting, even though I shoot distinguished expert.

People can have all the cars they want as long as it doen't effect MY property values. I worked long and hard to live in a nice city and neighborhood.

Sorry if I offended anyone.

Hmmmmm, think I'll go against the grain here. Yes, I own a gun, yes, I shoot said gun, but no, I don't care for guns and I don't like shooting, even though I shoot distinguished expert.

People can have all the cars they want as long as it doen't effect MY property values. I worked long and hard to live in a nice city and neighborhood.

Sorry if I offended anyone.

why would anyone be offended?
and why would you have a gun if you dont care for them?
seems a little counter-intuitive - but my guess is for the same
reason i have my guns - i can tell you this -- i dont hunt...

and property values? what if youre house is bringing down my property value?
if someones living in a city or neighborhood with no deed restrictions or laws concerning the matter- and CHOSE to live there - then i dont think that person has any right to complain about anyone else's house - if you dont like it, then its a good thing you dont have to live there...

just my thoughts.

Gun Rights

Quote; [think I'll go against the grain here. Yes, I own a gun, yes, I shoot said gun, but no, I don't care for guns and I don't like shooting, even though I shoot distinguished expert.
People can have all the cars they want as long as it doesn't effect MY property values. I worked long and hard to live in a nice city and neighborhood.
Sorry if I offended anyone.]

I also work long and hard to have what I have but I don't intend on having someone take whats mine or harm my family. I am a Paramedic/firefighter and have gone on more shooting calls and deaths than I can remember, many of those involving guns. Seeing what a a gun can do to the human body you would think I would want nothing to do with them but it's because of what I have seen and witnessed is the reason I have to carry a gun. I go to the shooting range once a couple of weeks and consider myself proficient with a gun. I don't look for trouble and I do everything I can to avoid it, but I want to be prepared and ready in case I have no other choice. If it comes down to me having to actually having to use my gun, I plan on my family and myself being ones that walks away alive. I'm not advocating violence but when you have no other choice....As far as cars and property values go, I agree with you, have as many cars as you want but keep the property clean and neat and don't p*ss off the neighbors.

Quote; [think I'll go against the grain here. Yes, I own a gun, yes, I shoot said gun, but no, I don't care for guns and I don't like shooting, even though I shoot distinguished expert.
People can have all the cars they want as long as it doesn't effect MY property values. I worked long and hard to live in a nice city and neighborhood.
Sorry if I offended anyone.]

I also work long and hard to have what I have but I don't intend on having someone take whats mine or harm my family. I am a Paramedic/firefighter and have gone on more shooting calls and deaths than I can remember, many of those involving guns. Seeing what a a gun can do to the human body you would think I would want nothing to do with them but it's because of what I have seen and witnessed is the reason I have to carry a gun. I go to the shooting range once a couple of weeks and consider myself proficient with a gun. I don't look for trouble and I do everything I can to avoid it, but I want to be prepared and ready in case I have no other choice. If it comes down to me having to actually having to use my gun, I plan on my family and myself being ones that walks away alive. I'm not advocating violence but when you have no other choice....As far as cars and property values go, I agree with you, have as many cars as you want but keep the property clean and neat and don't p*ss off the neighbors.

i agree - no need to be a lousy neighbor - but what i consider "junk" and what other people consider "junk" seems to differ quite a bit -
for instance having a non running car in your driveway for more than 2wks would never bother me - but planting your oleanders and palms along my fence line does - those things are roach heavens and where theres food for scorpions, scorpions go - i have 2 kids and 3 dogs... and find THAT very distasteful - especially since they have kids and pets as well -- the neighbors speeding down the road bothers me, the late night visits from neighbors "friends" bothers me-- the crappy bbq music bothers me -- if i put up with you - then you can put up with me...
sorry- had to vent somewhere -- ive actually only had one run in with my neighbors and it was about them driving about 50 down our street - every house on our street has small children including their own -- man i was furious... hahaha

better to have a gun and not need one than to need a gun and not have one.

also - i do plan on moving onto my own piece of land to keep away from people.

21774c17ebbbc3130.jpg

Latest posts

Back