The "crustbucket" 1946 chop top dodge pu. 1st build on the cheap...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It got intresting because we had to figure in how much to cut from the center of the doors as well as the top because of the way the cab was chopped. Who ever did it had no clue what they were doing. But that's ok because Id rather seeing it getting fixed than it going to the crusher as one owner had planned for it. About 3 inches will have to be removed from the middle to get it right. We got it mocked up but couldnt get the one door finished because of the aforementioned "running out of welding gas" .
The plan is go suicide with these doors. This a rough spot in the road for us but we are learning from it.
Picture1573.jpg

Me and John we scavanging for old junk and ended up at the old barn. Found this cool sign with great patina and decided we gotta pop rivet this thing to the door..YEA :D LOL :p
Picture1574.jpg

Here is a piece of sheet aluminum we found with an old as dirt duke power logo/sticker on it. This will probably be one of the door panels. Who knew you could have so much fun with junk :D hahahahah...
Picture1575.jpg

Thanks...

Thanks to everyone for the positive comments. They are very much appreciated :D

Such a strange shape.......I like it!!!!!!

Man, that cab looks pretty bad. Makes me re-think my views of whats too rusted to use on a rat haha.

The cab on mine is pretty bad. Seeing this makes me want to use the cab i've got haha!!

Such a strange shape.......I like it!!!!!!

Man, that cab looks pretty bad. Makes me re-think my views of whats too rusted to use on a rat haha.

The cab on mine is pretty bad. Seeing this makes me want to use the cab i've got haha!!

:D:D Ha ha! Yea, and to think it was in a lot worser shape when we started on it (see page 1) !!

But on the bright side..it was saved from being scrap :cool:

A rusty cab tends to have more character anyways :cool::cool: Go for it~!

Ha ha! Yea, and to think it was in a lot worse shape when we started on it (see page 1) !!

But on the bright side..it was saved from being scrap

A rusty cab tends to have more character anyways Go for it~!

I wish mine was that good...

This is mine on the trailer when i bought it home:
33196590003_large.jpg

33196590007_large.jpg

This is mine now:

33196590048_large.jpg

Now all i need is an empty workshop bay in our shed to stick my chassis in and get to work on it:

33196590067_large.jpg

I like the sawblade on/in your roof by the way! HAHA

Have you got any idea what you're going to use for the bed for your bad boy, or just whatever you can scrounge up when the time comes? Heres one i havent seen yet, a bathtub!!! one of the old iron ones. not one of the old cast iron legged ones that probably weigh about the same as your rat at the moment, but one of the thinner walled ones. two cut in half lengthways so it makes one wide tub would be even better.

Last edited:
Wow..alot of work ahead indeed. Is that an old ford cab? I dont have a clue what Im gonna use for a bed. I'd like to have a 60's dodge stepside bed and cut it down/remove the fenders but I may have to end up building one because anything's hard to find after last years crushing frenzy :mad:
I seen alot of stuff that should have never been scrapped...

Anyways good look with your project :cool:

I guess the saw blade just makes it different :p

Wow..alot of work ahead indeed. Is that an old ford cab? I dont have a clue what Im gonna use for a bed. I'd like to have a 60's dodge stepside bed and cut it down/remove the fenders but I may have to end up building one because anything's hard to find after last years crushing frenzy :mad:
I seen alot of stuff that should have never been scrapped...

Anyways good look with your project :cool:

I guess the saw blade just makes it different :p

thanks man, i'll need every bit of luck i can muster!

Damn treehuggers!!!! why did they have to come up with recycling!!!

Here there are local property law type rules where all of a sudden all the houses in the place have to look the same, and you cant have all these car bodys laying around your yard. I've also seen a *faeces* load of good tin scrapped because of it. You just wish you could pay them to load the bodies onto their trucks and take them to your place instead of melting them down and turning them into hyundai's and baked bean cans (both of which contain about the same amount of metal hahahaha).

I went to an out of town junkyard yesterday that had a bunch of early to mid 50's cars. I didnt have a clue about what I was gonna do for a bed or
even bed sides which is really all I need. Then I spotted a very rough as in
terrible condition 1955 Dodge lancer. I got a brain storm at that moment.
Hmmm...these quarters would make cool bed sides :D and besides the tail lights look really cool.

So I grabbed my portable generator,sawzall, grinder with cutoff wheels and began cutting. Here's What I got. I should have cut them a hint longer but
I'll make it work.

Latest posts

Back