The new Elky!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
The new Elky from our friends down under!!! These should sell bigtime!!! A truck that HAULS... Sweet!!!

elky.jpg

BoB

I would think that those would be fairly popular here in the states. We'll see. They are just another "ute" to the Aussies I would imagine.

why did they ever discontinue the old El Camino? oh yeah, they didn't sell well. this won't either for any real period of time. It will at first b/c of the guys that used to have one but thats it.

The El Camino may not have been the most attractive of vehicles in its day, but holy crap does my Stepdad's 70 Camino hook and light em' up.

As far as it not selling, have you seen some of the ugly crap that they drive down there? That might be a god send for them.

YB

I dont think making the ElCamino a Ponitac is a great idea though. People are going to ask why this is being built and not more GTOs. Chevy should put the current Malibu front clip on it and sell it as an Elky.

but on the positive side, Id buy one

Preston

If gm puts a 5.3l with DOD then after they are a few years old we will be buying them to replace our current pool cleaning vehicles.

Latest posts

Back