The official T bucket truck project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I ran into a little snag today. It seems that my spring perches for the rear buggy spring are a little too close together. I'm going to have to cut them off, then weld them back on with a slight angle , so they won't interfere with my radius rods. Another day in the life of an ameture.

You mean "Another day in the life of a Rodder", I've been building them for over 30 years and I still just tack everything until I'm sure it will work. Looks like your making good progress.

Well, this evening I got a step closer. I got the frame all squared up and I am ready to set the engine and tranny in ,so I can build the mounts. This last weekend I did get the bed cut and welded back together. Once I get the engine and tranny mounted it will be balls to the wall with the project. I know a few of you are wanting photos of the bed. I will get some tomorrow and post them up.Rock and Roll

Wow, no ideas , no responses,no nada?? Hey mr. moderator, please delete this enitre thread. It seems that I'm boring these folks with my project. I'm done.

Woah dude, this is the first time I've seen this thread, can't understand why it doesn't come up when i click 'New Posts'. [S

Reminds me so much of my own build, nice one, keep up the work.

I also hardly get much response to my build thread, but it keeps a few people entertained. :D

http://www.ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16975

df2bd4e3.jpg

I have been watching your thread. Your ride is coming along very nicely. They do resemble each other don't they? I should have some photos of mine with the bed at least beside the frame for a sneak peek.

A little more progress. Got the motor mounts made and tacked on.
0213011609a.jpg

I have a little situation. I think I'm going to go ahead and go with coil overs and a 4 link set up. I'm going to get rid of the radius bars and the buggy spring this week. I plan on putting them in the parts section today. My bed will fall right where the radius bars are at and I want a clean side on the bed.
0213011609b.jpg

0213011610.jpg

Well, I got the sides fitted to the body today. Just got them very close , but will actually get them on later. I am waiting on some suspension parts to finish the rear end , then I'll bve on the body again. Here's a few photos.

0216011547.jpg

0216011547a.jpg

0216011548.jpg

On my 26, I used weight jackers to hold up the back with 175# springs. I have 2.5 " I can adjust with the jack screws they can be changed with longer ones if needed. My T frame sits at 6" with the pan at 5". Putting a cross member with a skid plate there for protection.

100_4159.jpg

100_4135.jpg

Last edited:
Your "T" is coming together nicely. I like the fact that you are using creativity and your labor instead of gobs of $$$.

Thanks everyone for the compliments. This morning I scored a steering box out of an old Datsun pickup with steering column and all. It feels real tight and I am hoping that I can reposition the pitman arm about 20*. Photos later this weekend.

You are making great progress on this,I'm inspired..Actually, I gotta say thanks to you and chuckles..Between the two of you, I have now decided what my build is gonna be, I'm just gonna build my version of an RPU totally from scratch..

keep up the good work and thanks again..

Tim

Took the day off. Some updates. Got the headlights mounted. Just kind of sitting in the holkes and not bolted down. Got the bed attached to the body. This will be a unibody roadster. haha
0303011603b.jpg

0303011603a.jpg

0303011602b.jpg

0303011601.jpg

Last edited:
Did you build that bed from scratch or is it something that you modified to fit? Sure looks good so far! Bill.

Thanks guys. The bed is from a 53 Chevy. I know.. I know,sometimes you use what you can get at the time. I like the flat tops on the bed better anyway. Cleaned up the wires on the engine, and removed the power steering pump last night. The engine really cleaned up after removing all that crap.

I agree, the flat bed tops are a nice change and fit your roadster's style well. Funny thing, I don't like them much on the original truck and wouldn't of thought to use that bed myself. Sure am enjoying following along on your build.

Latest posts

Back